Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recently purchased an Officejet Pro 8500.  Followed setup instructions but printer cannot align printheads.  Have reinstalled printheads, cleaned heads, etc.  but to no avail.  Self diagnostic Test indicates both printheads are good.  If I click "OK" when the printer gives the alignment fail message. then I can print one document, then the printer goes through the whole printhead alignment process again ending with the same fail message.   Any thoughts as to how to fix this? Thanks.

C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Had the same problem, called into tech support and when obtaining the serial number I noticed the paper tray along the back of the printer had been dislodged by my son and was why the printer would not align properly.

Easy fix.... heres to hoping you have the same issue.

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111
HP Recommended

One other thing I wanted to add was that the printer does not print the Cyan color. The I've put in a new cartridge so there is plenty of ink. The self diagnostic indicates full ink level,  yet I get no blue color.  Could this have anything to do with the printhead alignment problem mentioned in my first email, or is this an entirely separate problem with this device.

C

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem, and I have done everything you did. Have you found the solution? Thanks a lot in advance!

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with the print heads alignment, and I have done everything you . Is there a solution? Thanks!

HP Recommended

call hp technical support. 1-800-474-6836 for us

(i may represent HP but this advice is solely my own)
HP Recommended

8500 pro won't align I ran it 3x then 1x manually it says to refer to device documentation for details where do I find device documentation Joe I've been playing with this for days

HP Recommended

printer will not align.  prints yellow lines about 1 inch apart vertically.  looking at the internet, it looks as if this is a common problem or defect.  please help

HP Recommended

Alignment failure. Can't print anything. Black ink doesn't seem to come through at all.

HP Recommended

It's hard to believe this story is true, but I assure you it is all true.

1- In October 2009 we purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8500. Not long after installing it we got constant messages "Printer is offline." Called HP and learned that it was a hardware fault and could only be resolved by sending us a new printer.

2- A new HP Officejet Pro 8500 arrived by FedEx with instructions how to remove specific parts from the old printer and send it back within a specified number of days or we'd be charged for the new printer. We set up the new printer and while setting up we get the message "Printhead error."

3- We call HP. They say the only solution is to send out another new printer.

This story goes on-and-on. We are now sitting here 14 months later with the FOURTH HP Officejet Pro 8500 sent to us by HP via FedEx and when turning the printer ON it tells 1) Cyan cartridge is low. But it's a brand new cartridge. 2) the Printhead problem is here again.

Did I mention this is the FOURTH printer that they've sent to us?

When we call HP it's like starting from scratch every time. No one has a complete, accurate record of these extraordinarily bad experience with HP. We have to walk them through step-by-step what we've been through. We must almost beg them to quit putting us through this. Tomorrow I think we'll go out and buy a new printer by Canon or Epson or just any printer that's not HP and meanwhile we'll just let HP keep sending us new printers because it seems like they have endless resources to throw away rather than to just simply solve our problem.

What has happened to what was once a great company? This is truly pathetic. How much money has HP spent sending us new printers and getting the old printers back via FedEx?

I want to find every forum possible on the Internet to make users aware of this kind of service and response from HP.

HP Recommended

Had the same problem, called into tech support and when obtaining the serial number I noticed the paper tray along the back of the printer had been dislodged by my son and was why the printer would not align properly.

Easy fix.... heres to hoping you have the same issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.