Question

Student
robwelch22
Message 1 of 4 (5,999 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus installation on Win 2008 R2 Server

New Officejet 8600 Plus.  Trying to install drivers and software on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit system for local use.

I've read the posts about installalling the printer driver manually and have done so.

The OJ8600_Basic_x64_619.exe returns the same error message: "This computer does not meet the following system requirement(s):  The Operating System of this computer is not supported..."

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-106094-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02858465&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...

Question: How do you install the TWAIN drivers?

Desktop Experience feature is already installed in Server Manager.  Attempting to replace an HP 7130 All In One with the 8600 Plus.  The 7130 worked fine for many years; print, fax, and scan.

Thanks...

-RW

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 4 (5,977 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus installation on Win 2008 R2 Server

Hi robwelch22,

Follow the steps in the document below to install on the server.

Installing the Printer Software on Windows Server 2003 or 2008

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Tegglet
Message 3 of 4 (5,239 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing on Windows 2008 SBS and have just spent the best part of today trying to interpret the document referenced by the link above.  Apart from some significant errors in file names and some files listed as required that are not on the setup CD, the procedure to adopt is not at all clear.

I have managed to install the basic drivers from the command line (and uninstall them) but it just ignores the features.  I am probably missing something obvious and basic but cannot identify it.

The instructions for downloading the files from the web pack refer to the full featured software (12 on the list) but this is not a link and I have been unable to find where they should point to.

I have tried HP technical support and they just sat that they cannot support server installations.

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.

Student
DaveDake
Message 4 of 4 (2,309 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ha - Had the same trouble and resigned myself to web service only until I saw the post and decided to take a swing.

Try this out . . .

Open the W2K8 R2 server manager and add Feature Desktop Experience if not already installed.

Mount the HP OfficeJetPro 8600 setup CD in your CD drive. Mine is assigned as E:

Open an comand prompt as Administrator

type

E: - or whatever your drive letter is

type

msiexec /i E:\oj860x64.msi /l*v c:\temp\OJ8600_Install.log ENTERPRISE=YES FAX=YES SCANTOPC=YES REBOOT=ReallySuppress

The above msiexec is all 1 line - substitute E:\ for whatever your drive letter is

An install log will be created in c:\temp - You may need to create the temp folder. I always have one.

You should get all the drivers and Print and Scan utilities. Run the Printer Setup and Software app under the HP Program folder to setup the printer. You will now be able to print and scan to PC.

I have not been successful getting FAX software to install. If anyone else has an idea please post. For now I'll Fax using the printers operators panel.

To Install HP Update - From the CMD Prompt [May not be desireable in an Enterprise environment]

type

cd E:\optional - or whatever your drive letter is.

type

msiexec /i "HP Update.msi" /passive TRANSFORMS="HP Update_1033.mst"

Happy printing and scanning

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation