Question

Honor Student
CBCarebear
Message 1 of 4 (137 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printing on Photo Paper

I am extremely frustrated with my printer. It is brand new, just purchased about 2 weeks ago, and using it with regular white paper has been wonderful. Just recently, tried to print some 4x6 pictures to a matte finish photo paper - no luck. It kepts reading that it is out of paper. I tried my larger Kodak Photo paper, again matte finish, and it AGAIN says there is no paper. I've tried one piece, I've tried several. I'm quite frustrated, as I need to print photos often. There has been little help online, and a lot of problems with it. I'm about to return it, but would rather fix the problem first. 

What can be done? Apparently, this is not a new issue, according to online sources.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 4 (118 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printing on Photo Paper

Hi, have you checked that you are running the latest firmware on the 8600? (CLP1CN1304AR is the current one)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
CBCarebear
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

I just ran an update and it tells me that it has the latest update installed. I can't seem to figure out where to find which one, specifically, that it is. This is really frustrating. 

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

Printing a Printer Status Report

1. From the Control panel, select Setup, select Reports, then select Printer Status Report.

2. The Printer Status Report will be printed.

3. The current firmware revision will appear on the printed Printer Status Report

Can you tell me what settings you are using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation