Question

Student
vinnydakid
Message 1 of 2 (1,205 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus won't connect to the computer.

Hi there!

I have the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and I'm trying to install it on a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  I get to the installation window which asks me to plug in the printer and make sure it's turned on.  I plug in the usb cable... andnothing.  After a few minutes another window pops up saying "It looks like you can't connect..." and offers no solution.

I've gone into my "Devices and Printers" control panel and see the icon for the Officejet 8600 but there's a yellow traingle with a "!" in it.  When I right click on it and hit "troubleshoot" it says "Officejet Pro doesn't have a driver".  I thought the installation process was supposed to install the driver.  I downloaded the driver directly from the HP website. 

So how can I fix this?  How can I install the driver when it just takes me to this stage and then times out?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (1,200 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus won't connect to the computer.

Hi,

Have you run/executed the downloaded files yet ? You have to run them first - the installation process may ask you where the driver is and you have to point to the right place.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation