Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly (11520 Views)
Top Student
manujaws2012
Message 11 of 48 (19,063 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly

I can get into the EWS using my mac and also my Windows laptop. But I cannot print from the Windows laptop.

Tutor
Allen73
Message 12 of 48 (18,953 Views)

I can't solve your problem--I am experiencing essentially identical problems.  My Dell laptop connects to the wireless network and the printer connects to the wireless network.  The printer receives the apps from internet with no problem.  I can send a note throuth HPeprint and it will come back and print.  But I can't print directly from the computer to the printer.  It's baffling.

One thing that puzzles me is that when I enter the printer IP address in my browser window, it times out with no return.  I suspect that's the key to a fix, but I can't figure out what is causing it.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 13 of 48 (18,934 Views)

Hi Allen73,

If you are unable to access the EWS of the printer when you enter the IP address into the address bar of Internet Explorer this indicates you are not communicating with the printer over the wireless network. Run the diagnostic utility from Message 2 of 12, and let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
Allen73
Message 14 of 48 (18,924 Views)

I'm part of the way to a solution.  Now I can print directly to the printer in an ethernet-wired configuration between printer and router, and between router and printer.  The wireless part remains to be configured so it will work.

Part of the problem was that I knew just enough to be dangerous.  When I had problems earlier in my attempts to add a printer, I configured the printer port as a TCP/IP port.  Last night I was searching through the user manual and I spotted an AHAH! that none of the help files had mentioned or caught.  On page 141, step 5.2.b, it states "The version of the printer driver that is connected wirelessly has HP network re-discovery port monitor as the Port description, next to the checkmark."  I was not allowed to reconfigure the port from TCP/IP.  So I deleted that printer, added a new printer (I had to download the driver from the HP site because I couldn't find it on the CD).  With that driver, I followed the instructions and the connection was made.  Now I can open the EWS and all functions of the printer seem to be working--print, copy, scan, FAX, HPePrint, internet apps.

I'm still not wireless, but I'm a lot closer.  I haven't yet figured out how to change the router setup to show the new port description (which is now CN25LBR1BC05KF) that used to be 192.168.1.105.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 15 of 48 (18,915 Views)

HI Allen73,

Refer to http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/quot-Unable-to-Find-quot-OJ-Pro-8600-P...

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
valledigna
Message 16 of 48 (18,816 Views)

installed wireless printer to my laptop (hp officejet 8600).  the printer appears on the list of printers but does not let me choose it as my default printer and cannot print. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 17 of 48 (18,812 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi valledigna,

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Officejet 8600 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-97846-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

I am an HP employee.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 18 of 48 (18,744 Views)

Honor Student
adstogo
Message 19 of 48 (18,752 Views)

Ditto - same isse, but none of mine are working after a recent "software update"....this printer does not work wirelessly as promoted

Provost
pcwizard
Message 20 of 48 (18,742 Views)

Hi adstogo,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Officejet 8500 printer. I have moved your first post to the appropriate board for Mac. The link to the post is below. Have a wonderful day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Re-Officejet-Pro-8600-Plus-won-t-print-wirele...

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation