Question
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly
Replies (49)

Honor Student
valledigna
Message 21 of 50 (7,035 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly

I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it again.  It worked.  I am now able to print wirelessly from my computer. 

Honor Student
KingChar90
Message 22 of 50 (6,152 Views)

I was experiencing the same problem. Printer worked and printed wirelessly for a month and then all of a sudden it stopped being able to print wirelessly.

I did a "power reboot." Essentially i unplugged it while it was on and waited 30 seconds, then plugged it back it. It worked fine after that.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 23 of 50 (5,924 Views)

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically.  These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Printer-Resets-What-You-Should-Know/m-p/234739...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
BAN16
Message 24 of 50 (5,738 Views)

Similar issue.  Just got printer.  Set up wirelessly on my laptop (Mac), no problems.  Set up on Daughters laptop and desktop (all Macs), everything looks good, computer sees printer, set as default, but...when I hit print, it doesnt print.  Shows connected, says "Printing" on computer, but nothing? 

From original laptop, works fine.

Thanks

Top Student
SharonLee2010
Message 25 of 50 (5,221 Views)

Okay, thanks for your help. I did a power reboot and everything is working now. What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

Honor Student
gbaird2
Message 26 of 50 (5,061 Views)

I have been using my wireless printer for many months. Today it won't print. The error message says to update the IP address. When I enter the printers IP address  HP setup (on my desktop), it says it cannot find the IP address displayed on the printer's network setup window.

I am using a PC with Windows 7. It is connect wirelessly to my printer.

Top Student
SharonLee2010
Message 27 of 50 (5,051 Views)

I unplugged the printer for several seconds and plugged it back in. I think it just had to regenerate itself. It works fine now.
Top Student
SharonLee2010
Message 28 of 50 (5,051 Views)

This worked.
Top Student
SharonLee2010
Message 29 of 50 (5,051 Views)

Reboot it again. I occasionally use an unwireless printer on another computer and that may knock the system for a loop--I don't know. Haven't figured that one out.
Honor Student
gbaird2
Message 30 of 50 (5,038 Views)

I have unpluged my printer, turned it off and on over and over and rebotted my PC. Nothing works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation