Question
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly
Replies (49)

Top Student
SharonLee2010
Message 31 of 50 (2,091 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly

I left my printer on. I unplugged it for maybe 30 seconds. I plugged it back in. It printed just fine. If this doesn't work, then your problem is something more than this. I love my new printer.

Student
chips2013
Message 32 of 50 (2,063 Views)

I have difficulty connecting my OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to the server.  Therefore, I cannot access the "Apps" feature... I have turned things off, turned things on, reset this, downloaded that, updated this and updated that....still getting an error everytime that says "The Printer was unable to connect to the Server.  Check your internet connection and Try Again".  

I wonder if it has something to do with this:  I have this printer at my office...and, the office network that I connect to has it's own log-in and password system... similar to when someone sits down at Starbucks or when using a hotel Wi-Fi and the log in page says, "Welcome to Mariott, I agree to the terms".... 

So, if that is the case, I'm not sure what I can do to get the printer to connect....

Any thoughts...

Provost
pcwizard
Message 33 of 50 (2,059 Views)

Hi chip2013,

Easiest way to determine an issue with your work network would be to try connecting the printer to a network which doesn't require a log-in and password. If you are successfully able to connect the printer to this other network without an issue you will then need to contact your company's IT department so they can assist you with getting the printer connected to the network. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
jinlu8591
Message 34 of 50 (2,042 Views)

I have an officejet pro8600 plus.   I read all the posts in this thread.  Yes, I have the same behavior: I could print wirelessly from my desktop (Window 7, DELL PC), and all of a sudden, I can not print anymore.    I could still print from my laptop, where I installed the driver as well.   I could access the EMS of the printer from my desktop, and ping the IP addess of the printer, and I can even print the Info Page of the Web Services of the EWS.    BUT, I can not print from my MS Word  -- I see my documents pending in the printer queue for ever!

I  reinstalled the driver  I downloaded  and  unplugged the printer and waited 30 sec before plug it back ....    Nothing works.

Please help.    

Honor Student
jinlu8591
Message 35 of 50 (2,038 Views)

OK.   I disabled the microsoft firewall on my desktop PC, and I can print wirelessly again.  I thought the firewall was always on,  and do not why I need to disable it ....

Provost
pcwizard
Message 36 of 50 (2,030 Views)

HI jinlu8591,

You shouldn't need to disable the firewall in order to print. If you are able to print from any other application but are unable to printer from Msword then you may have an issue with that application program.

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
gbaird2
Message 37 of 50 (2,009 Views)

Thank you for telling me about the HP Scan Doctor. It really solved the problem. Now my wireless connection works and I hope it lasts. I don't know why it lost its connection after so many months. All previous recommended solutions were ineffective

Provost
pcwizard
Message 38 of 50 (2,002 Views)

HI gbaird2, 

Glad to hear the utility resolved your printer issues. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
acidburn069
Message 39 of 50 (1,963 Views)

So riddle me  this. After 8+ months of printing fine, I am no longer able to print  wirelessly. Ran scandr and it was aok, no firewall, uninstall/reinstall, can print from notepad only on my dell laptop (no other programs will print), cant print from any browser, flash is upto date. HELP HELP HELP (me Rhonda).

Provost
pcwizard
Message 40 of 50 (1,952 Views)

HI acidburn069,

Follow these steps to resolve the issue when trying to print wirelessly.

Important : You must follow these solutions in the order presented to resolve the issue.

Solution one: Turn the router, the computer, and the HP printer off and on

Follow these steps to restart the router, computer, and HP printer.

Step one: Turn the router, the computer, and the HP printer off

Follow these steps to turn the router, computer, and HP printer off.
  1. Turn off the router. Check with the router manufacturer for instructions on how to turn off the router.
    NOTE: Do not reset the router.
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the HP printer.
  3. Turn off the computer.
Step two: Turn the router and HP printer on

Follow these steps to turn the router and HP printer on.
NOTE: Do not turn on the computer in this step. You will turn it on in one of the following steps.
  1. Turn on the router, and then wait 30 seconds to let it complete its start-up process.
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the HP printer.
Step three: Make sure that the HP printer is on the network

Follow these steps to make sure that the HP printer is on the network.
  1. On the HP printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup . The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
  3. Touch Network Configuration Page . The HP printer prints a network configuration page.
    Figure 6: An example of a network configuration page
    Image: Network configuration page.
    NOTE: The network configuration page that prints might look different than the one in the example.
  4. On the network configuration page, check the 802.11 Wireless section.
  5. The Status should say Connected . On the network summary, make sure that the Network Name (SSID) is correct.
  6. If the HP printer is not connected to the correct wireless network , reconnect the printer to the wireless network, and then continue to the next step.

How do I connect the printer to the network?
    If you have not installed your printer on a network or it was disconnected, click here for complete network installation instructions .

7. If the HP printer is connected to the correct wireless network , continue to the next step.

Step four: Turn on the computer and connect it to the network

1. Turn on the computer.
  2. Make sure that the computer is connected to the same network SSID as your printer.

3. Try to print from your computer
I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation