Question
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly
Replies (49)

Student
sylk
Message 41 of 50 (661 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - won't print wirelessly

Can't print from laptop to printer.  Get get disk installed in this %$## windows 8 program also installed on an HP laptop which I have been told was good only for a touch screen,

Have now bought one of your computers, and a new printer--have spent 10 hours and nothing works.  Would like to print something (and of course like to type without losing this screen)  Miserable technology and poor instructions

Honor Student
shawna97
Message 42 of 50 (651 Views)

how do I make my hp8600 pro work wirelessly off myhp pavilion?

Honor Student
shawna97
Message 43 of 50 (629 Views)

Problem solved
Honor Student
Browone
Message 44 of 50 (544 Views)

I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8600 and the same thing basically.

Connected it to the wifi network - no problem.  Can access the printers web page by typing in the IP Address.

Connected my Mac and printed a test page from Word - no problem.

Installed software on my Wife's Mac and can also access the web page and printer utilities but cannot print from that device.

Now I also can't print from my Mac.  Although magically a previously queued page suddently printed about 10 minnutes later.

Have rebooted power-cycled the printer but still not luck.

This seems to be a common problem with this printer and I would appreciate a meaningful response from HP

Honor Student
Browone
Message 45 of 50 (543 Views)

The print and scan doctor does not work on Mac. What should Mac users do?

BTW: Just in case HP have not realized this, the Mac is becoming quite a popular computer. It's made by a company called "Apple" and is listed on the stock exchange. Porbably had a greater market cap than HP so it's strange that HP would choose to ignore this user community.
Honor Student
acidburn069
Message 46 of 50 (521 Views)

This didn't work either. I think these hp printers are **bleep** and want this fixed.
Student
FrankBlack
Message 47 of 50 (342 Views)

Same issue as many others...

HP Officejet Pro 8610, Widows 8.1 laptop, Macbook Air, HP Chromebook, Android phone.

Initial setup of printer worked without issue.  Was able to print from all laptops using wireless printing, Google Cloud Print and HP ePrint.  I was able to print from the Android phone with HP ePrint.

After a couple weeks of printing without issue, I was suddenly unable to print from my Windows laptop.  I am able to print from the Windows laptop if I use Google Cloud Print, but I am unable to print using the wireless printer setup.  I can print from my Macbook and my Android phone without issue.

I've checked to ensure the EWS is accessible from the Windows laptop and that the printer is configured correctly.   The same IP address originally assigned to the printer upon initial setup is still being used.  I powered off the wireless router, laptop and printer and powered them back on in the proper sequence per the instructions outlined in a previous response.  This did not work.  I turned off my firewall and it still did not print.  I rebooted the laptop with the firewall off.  This did not resolve the issue.

When I send the print jobs from Windows, I get no error.  Windows says there are no jobs in the queue.  There is no visible activity on the printer when I send the job.  It is as if the jobs are sent out from Windows but never get to the printer and never complain about not arriving at the printer.  Again, the Macbook prints without issue.  Google Cloud Print and HP ePrint work well.  This seems to be an issue that only affects Windows.  As everything other than Windows seems to print without issue, I cannot believe it is a network issue.  Without any other data to go on, I have to assume this is a driver/configuration issue within Windows.

This seems to be a long-known issue.  Some substantive input from HP would be greatly appreciated.  I cannot keep a printer upon which I cannot rely.

Thank you.

Student
jsl_99
Message 48 of 50 (303 Views)

I have experienced similar Officejet Pro 8600 Plus problems as the previous writer, but with a MacBook Pro and OS10.6.8. We put our 8600 into service in January 2013 and it functioned properly for well over a year. We have clearly saved on ink, on paper (duplex feature), and time (ADF feature).

About three months ago, previously printed document files were evidently not always removed from the queue and would be reprinted on opening the laptop and/or opening a particular program. A month ago, print jobs were all delayed several minutes before beginning to print (although they printed at the expected speed once started). Also, we noted that (1) a brief, small unreadable window would flash on the screen after hitting "print" and (2) files remained in the queue and had to be deleted three times in order to remove them from the printer window. This week, the wireless print function became entirely non-functional. Of necessity, I installed a USB cable and now the 8600 wireless function appears to work again (without the USB cable, but with cabled connection still showing as a printer option).

During the last three months, I have repeatedly performed the various recommended fixes including reboots, power reboots, uninstall Adobe Reader XI, remove/add printer, refresh printer, special key refreshs, uninstall/reload driver (curently v3.3.3 which may be same as 12.23.0??), and install USB cable.

The two year old age of this thread suggests that basic wireless connection issues exist in the Officejet. My own experience suggests some more recent issues, perhaps updates with Mac OS or Adobe, have also compounded the problems. I have to agree with the previous (Windows) user that a substantial reply from HP to these problems is in order.

Honor Student
singr
Message 49 of 50 (46 Views)

1. My  current Operating System. OSX 10.9.5

2. Has it been successfully connected before? Yes

3.  I installed the download from www.hp.com? HP.com

4.  How are connected, USB or wireless? Always Wireless.

5.  Have there been any recent changes in your setup? or network (if wireless)? It wouldn’t connect, and it was because my router neeed to be replaced. We replaced it and it WILL print, but will NOT connect (or be ‘found’) in my network, so I can’t print from my computer. it says "Unable to Communicate with Printer.  The print job could not be completed because the printer is unavailable or not connected."

I've tried unplugging.  Should I uninstall and re-install (ughhhh!)

Honor Student
singr
Message 50 of 50 (44 Views)

Same problem here. 

Got to your step 5, the second part where it says to make sure the Network Name (SSID) is correct. HOW?  And how do I check that it's the same on my MAC?

Next, on "step 6, How do I connect the printer to the network?" 

If you have not installed your printer on a network or it was disconnected, click here for complete network installation instructions . which takes me to this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02886889&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=4323652#N25...

which has this scary note:

NOTE:smileysurprised:lder HP software might not be compatible with OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks and OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion. Do not try to install software that supports earlier versions of the Mac operating system from the HP website.

Please help.  :smileyhappy:

Singr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation