Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8600 Premium all in one printer head alignment

I have a new officejet Pro 8600; everytime I try to align the print head it prints four black lines one red line then there is a very loud pop and I am given a paper jam error. I have checked and double checked and I am pretty sure I removed all the packing. The printer will pri nt one page at a time just fine. But I can't use the advance feature like printing on both sides of the paper.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I can't even find the 800 number in the manual.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Premium all in one printer head alignment

Hi mrdlf,

I have noticed your post about your Officejet Pro 8600 not aligning properly and showing a paper jam error. I am going to make a few suggestions for you and will post the links below. The links are to troubleshooting guides that I hope will help you with this issue.

I will also post the contact information for HP. If the steps do not help, I suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see if they have any other options for you.

Paper Jam Error Message

An 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One

Contact HP Worldwide

Good luck to you,

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (369 Views)

Hi mrdlf,

I have noticed your post about your Officejet Pro 8600 not aligning properly and showing a paper jam error. I am going to make a few suggestions for you and will post the links below. The links are to troubleshooting guides that I hope will help you with this issue.

I will also post the contact information for HP. If the steps do not help, I suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see if they have any other options for you.

Paper Jam Error Message

An 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One

Contact HP Worldwide

Good luck to you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (364 Views)

Thank you for the troubleshooting suggestions. Unfortunately they did not resolve my problem. I followed your directions and called hp, we did some troubleshooting which lead to them sending me a new print head. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Again thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation