Question

Honor Student
mrdlf
Message 1 of 3 (276 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8600 Premium all in one printer head alignment

I have a new officejet Pro 8600; everytime I try to align the print head it prints four black lines one red line then there is a very loud pop and I am given a paper jam error. I have checked and double checked and I am pretty sure I removed all the packing. The printer will pri nt one page at a time just fine. But I can't use the advance feature like printing on both sides of the paper.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I can't even find the 800 number in the manual.

Thank you in advance.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Premium all in one printer head alignment

Hi mrdlf,

I have noticed your post about your Officejet Pro 8600 not aligning properly and showing a paper jam error. I am going to make a few suggestions for you and will post the links below. The links are to troubleshooting guides that I hope will help you with this issue.

I will also post the contact information for HP. If the steps do not help, I suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see if they have any other options for you.

Paper Jam Error Message

An 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One

Contact HP Worldwide

Good luck to you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
mrdlf
Message 3 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Premium all in one printer head alignment

Thank you for the troubleshooting suggestions. Unfortunately they did not resolve my problem. I followed your directions and called hp, we did some troubleshooting which lead to them sending me a new print head. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Again thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation