Officejet Pro 8600 driver not installing (W7) (3281 Views)
Top Student
Kypros
Message 1 of 19 (3,281 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 driver not installing (W7)

I was trying to reinstall the drivers for my Officejet pro 8600 Plus, but after removing the old driver , rebooting and attempting to reinstall, it keeps failing.

I get an error code: -2147467259: Failed to find driver packages to process

I'm running windows 7 64-bit, and the printer is running over a wireless network. (which is workng, because my laptop is able to print on it)

I've even tried using the HP scrubber utility and that hasn't fixed the issue.

Any suggestions?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 19 (3,258 Views)

Hi Krypos,

Since you already tried the HP scrubber utility, I recommend you try the Fixit utility from Microsoft. Click the link below for details:

http://goo.gl/Uh1Iz
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
Kypros
Message 3 of 19 (3,259 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 driver not installing (W7)

Still no good I'm afraid, same issue.  It starts installing: HP Basic Device software and then it promptly fails, same error message.  Product: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Basic Device Software -- Error 25030. Error -2147467259: Failed to find driver packages to process

On a side note:  I did manage to manually install the printer via IP address, and the drivers installed that way(WSD).  the software suite just won't install, which means I'm unable to perform a scan to computer from the printer (using the web-server I can, but it's rather annoying to have to go downstairs, place the document into the scanner, return back upstairs to start the scan, then trunge back downstairs to collect the doctument...)

I also attempted to do a system restore but that had no effect, considering I wasn't able to scan to computer beforehand either.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 19 (3,251 Views)

Ok, I did a search for "Error 25030", because I was not familiar with it, and everything seems to point to VMware. Are you running this instance of Windows 7 as a Virtual Machine?
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
Kypros
Message 5 of 19 (3,249 Views)

I'm not, that's what's bizarre.   According to the event log, the error seems to come from Windows Installer, and states it can't seems to connect and acquire the drivers.  But it's obviously not the -drivers- themselves, it's the HP software that's crashing. (Yet I was able to install the optional software manually.)

Obviously it's something wrong with my computer since the printer was installed in a SO/HO environment(by myself) and the software was successfully installed on 5/6 computers...but what is weird is that it WAS installed on every computer, it's just when I uninstalled it from my computer it won't reinstall. (figures!)

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 6 of 19 (3,248 Views)

It certainly sounds like something is wrong on your computer, but it may just be your Windows account. Have you tried to create a new user account (w/admin privileges) and try to install the printer under that account?
Top Student
cmillertanner
Message 7 of 19 (3,232 Views)

Hello,

I just purchased the Officejet Pro 8600 N911g from Costco yesterday.  I'm experiencing the same error message when attempting to install drivers.  I'm running Win 7 (64-bit) with wireless.  The computer recognizes the printer, but the icon shows that it needs trouble shooting, and I am not able to print.  I downloaded the driver file (OJ8600_1315) directly from the HP site and attempted to install it.  I received installation error message "Error-2147467259: Failed to find driver packages to process". I've run through all the HP trouble shooting assistance, etc. to no avail. I see another post with driver work around solutions for Win 8, but it's not clear whether those same solutions are applicable to Win 7.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 8 of 19 (3,219 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for posting,

In order to resolve the issue, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on start and in start search type CMD and press enter.

2. In the command prompt please type the following command.

Net Stop Spooler

And press Enter.

3. Then type

Sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

And press ENTER

4. Then type

Net Start Spooler

And press ENTER

5. Then type

Msiexec /unregserver

And Press ENTER

6. Then type

Msiexec /regserver

And press ENTER and close the command prompt.

7. Then click on Start and in start search type Services.msc and press ENTER.

8. In the services window, please look for Print Spooler Service and right click on the printer spooler service and click on Start or Restart.

9. Then look for the Windows Image Acquisition Service and right click on the printer spooler service and click on Start or Restart.

10. Then look for the Windows Modules Installer service and right click on the service and click on Properties. In the properties window, please click on General Tab and under Startup type select “manual” and click on Apply and click on OK.

11. Then look for Windows Installer service and right click on the service and click on Properties. In the properties window, please click on General Tab and under Startup type select “manual” and click on Apply and click on OK and close the services window.

12. Then click on Start and in start search type MSCONFIG and press ENTER Key. This will open the system configuration window.

13. In the system configuration window, please click on Services tab and select or check the box “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on Disable All and click on Apply.  Then click on Startup tab and click on disable all and click on Apply and click on OK.

14. You will get a popup message to restart the computer. Please click on Restart Now.

15. Once the computer is restarted please assign the permissions in the registry. To do so, please follow the steps given below:

a. Click on start and click on RUN. In the run window type REGEDIT and click on OK.

b. In the registry editor window, please right click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and click on permissions.

c. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

d. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

e. Then right click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and click on permissions.

f. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

g. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

h. Right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click on permissions.

i. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

j. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

k. Right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hewlett-Packard and click on permissions.

l. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

m. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

n. Right click on HKEY_USERS and click on permissions.

o. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

p. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

q. Then right click on HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and click on permissions.

r. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

s. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

t. Close the Registry editor.

After assigning the permissions, please download and install the latest version of VC++ from the link below:

VC++2008 SP1http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

VC++ 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Then try to install the printer software and check. If the issue persists, please try to create a new administrator user account and login to the new user account and then try to install the printer driver software.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Top Student
cmillertanner
Message 9 of 19 (3,203 Views)

Thanks for the instructions.  Just getting back to this after being out of town for New Years. 

I'm logged in to the admin account and the CMD prompt looks like this:

B:\Users\AdminCathy>

The command 'Net Stop Spooler' (step 2 of your instructions) returns this:

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

Perhaps it's the way this system is set up.  C drive is the boot drive (SSD) and B drive (mechanical) is the programs and users drive. Windows is installed on C.  Do I need to switch to C:\windows prior to executing the instructions?

Thanks in advance for any additional instructions.

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 10 of 19 (3,191 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

This means, the account that you are using to login to the computer does not have administrator rights. Please create a new user account with the administrator rights and then click on Start and click on Control Panel. In the Control Panel, please click on User Accounts and then click on  Change User Account Control Settings and drag the scroll to "Nevery Notify" and click on OK and restart the computer.

Once the computer is restrated, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on start and in start search type CMD and in the All Programs list, right click on CMD.exe and click on "Run as administrator".

2. In the command prompt please type the following command.

Net Stop Spooler

And press Enter.

3. Then type

Sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

And press ENTER

4. Then type

Net Start Spooler

And press ENTER

5. Then type

Msiexec /unregserver

And Press ENTER

6. Then type

Msiexec /regserver

And press ENTER and close the command prompt.

7. Then click on Start and in start search type Services.msc and press ENTER.

8. In the services window, please look for Print Spooler Service and right click on the printer spooler service and click on Start or Restart.

9. Then look for the Windows Image Acquisition Service and right click on the printer spooler service and click on Start or Restart.

10. Then look for the Windows Modules Installer service and right click on the service and click on Properties. In the properties window, please click on General Tab and under Startup type select “manual” and click on Apply and click on OK.

11. Then look for Windows Installer service and right click on the service and click on Properties. In the properties window, please click on General Tab and under Startup type select “manual” and click on Apply and click on OK and close the services window.

12. Then click on Start and in start search type MSCONFIG and press ENTER Key. This will open the system configuration window.

13. In the system configuration window, please click on Services tab and select or check the box “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on Disable All and click on Apply.  Then click on Startup tab and click on disable all and click on Apply and click on OK.

14. You will get a popup message to restart the computer. Please click on Restart Now.

15. Once the computer is restarted please assign the permissions in the registry. To do so, please follow the steps given below:

a. Click on start and click on RUN. In the run window type REGEDIT and click on OK.

b. In the registry editor window, please right click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and click on permissions.

c. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

d. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

e. Then right click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and click on permissions.

f. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

g. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

h. Right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click on permissions.

i. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

j. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

k. Right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hewlett-Packard and click on permissions.

l. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

m. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

n. Right click on HKEY_USERS and click on permissions.

o. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

p. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

q. Then right click on HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and click on permissions.

r. In the Permissions window, please select each user and assign full permissions.

s. Then click on Add and type everyone and click on OK. Then select everyone and assign full permissions and click on Apply and click on OK.

t. Close the Registry editor.

After assigning the permissions, please download and install the latest version of VC++ from the link below:

VC++2008 SP1http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

VC++ 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Then try to install the printer software and check. If the issue persists, please click on on start and in start search type CMD and in All Programs list right click on CMD.exe and click on "Run as administrator" and in the command prompt type SFC /SCANNOW and press ENTER. This will scan the operating system for errors and will try to fix it. Once this process is completed, please try to install the software and check.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation