10-13-2010 02:47 AM
Does anyone know what other drivers can be used to setup my HP Photosmart B110 series printer on a Windows XP 64-bit system? Only printing is enough.
10-13-2010 09:00 AM
Please click on the below web link to download the software compatible with windows xp 64 bit:
Once the download completes, double click on downloaded file it will prompts you to RUN or OPEN, Click on RUN it will extract the file and then Click on INSTALL. It starts the installation at the middle of the installation it will promts you to connect the USB cable then only connect the USB cable.
NOTE: while installation do not connect the printer USB cable to the computer until it prompts you to connect.
11-25-2010 12:54 AM - edited 11-25-2010 12:59 AM
Yes, there seems to be an alternative method, if all you need is printing feature from the HP B110a e-AIO device.
Try the BONJOUR Print Services for Windows (provided by Apple):
Bonjour is a zero-configuration wireless discovery service. It means "Hello". :-)
Install the Bonjour Windows installer, and if your printer is connected to your WiFi network, it should be quickly discovered by Bonjour. It will install a Bonjour printer device, which you can see from the "Printers and Faxes" in the Control Panel.
However, my understanding is that Bonjour needs some basic driver installed to work upon, so if you were not able to get hold of a XP 64-bit driver for the B110a printer, then Bonjour may not work or install.
HP does not seem to list XP 64-bit drivers anywhere for the B110a MFD. And the drivers for other Windows versions are also finicky for this particular device.
Give Bonjour a shot anyway and let us know if it works.
12-09-2010 12:36 PM
Thanks for your idea.
Unfortunately it didn't work. The Bonjour software does recognize the printer, but indeed needs a basic driver. I tried several HP drivers, from HPGL, PCL to PS, but none of them were successful.
Any other idea, besides sending an e-mail to the printer?
01-02-2011 08:51 AM
The HP B110a and other wireless MFDs are known to finicky around 64-bit OS versions. Try a complete uninstall of all the HP printer software and a reinstall.
Download the B110a driver package for XP from here:
The "HP Photosmart Basic Drivers" are sufficient for printing and scanning wirelessly.
Did you try the "HP Print Diagnostic Utility"? Apart from drivers, it can fix any other issues that cause the printing process to fail.
Take a look at the online troubleshooting FAQ:
You can also search for common HP issues here:
Unfortunately for you (and many others), XP 64-bit seems to be one of the least supported OS versions, even by major peripheral manufacturers. I would advise you to cough up some dough and upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, as that is quickly becoming the most popular and stable OS these days, and you will not have much problems finding drivers for new devices. This holiday season is showing some good discounts for popular software, so it can be a bargain in the long run. Personally, I am happy with XP 32-bit on my older rig, and Win7 Ultimate 64-bit on my new laptop. I installed only the basic subset of the B110a drivers (not the full package) on both these machines, and use other apps for further functionality.
If you still want to get this printer installed for XP 64-bit., you can try to "force" the B110a 32-bit XP driver, to work on 64-bit XP. You have 2 workarounds to accomplish this:
1. "Bypass windows driver signing enforcement" (search for this term in google). This is not something I would recommend except as a last resort, as driver signing/certification is Microsoft's laudable strategy to make third-party drivers stable (a buggy unsigned driver can crash the whole system).
2. Install Windows XP Virtual Mode (or maybe VMWare, if you know about using virtual machines). It'll take a USB device (such as the USB cable from your B110a printer) and utilize it in the VM. It might be slow, but it should work for occasional usage.
Please note that I have never used XP 64-bit, but I know how difficult it is to get common devices to work on 64-bit OSes.
All the best and hope this year dawns brightly for you. Happy New Year 2011 !
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation