12-14-2013 08:46 PM
Photosmart C310 printer saying black cartridge missing or damaged. It was working earlier tonight. Took cartridge out & cleaned everything & reinstalled saying the same thing. Also turned printer off & then back on and unplugged & replugged. Always getting same printer screen response. Cartridge is about a week old. my email address is email@example.com
01-08-2014 01:46 PM
Try the troubleshooting in this 'Use SETUP Cartridges' Error Message Displays on the Printer Control Panel document. Just ignore the setup cartridge reference since that is not your printer issue, but the troubleshooting steps are relevant.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
01-08-2014 05:14 PM
I ended up getting a new black cartridge and so far working. The ink supply did not indicate that black cartridge was low or empty. Hopefully this will not happen again, but after seeing other messages it appears to be a common problem even though using genuine HP ink cartridges.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)