Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HPENVY4500

CANNOT PRINT / MESSAGE COMES UP PRINTER OFFLINE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My device is a PC running Windows 10 and the printer is connected wireless.The issue I have everytime I print something there is a message that comes up saying that the printer is offline and doesn't print,really annoying hope you can fix this or will be returning this printer.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @DURAMAX

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy:

I see that you're unable to print using your HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist. 

What type of device is your printer connected to (PC, Mac, Chromebook, phone or tablet)? What operating system version is it running? Your answers will help me get a better sense of your setup and how to help. 

Is your printer connected to your wireless network? Press the wireless icon.pngbutton to check your connectivity. If you're not connected, run the Wireless Setup Wizard and select your SSID (network name) and then validate the connection by entering your wireless password. 

Please reply with details at your leisure and I'll be sure to get back to you. 

Thank you, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My device is a PC running Windows 10 and the printer is connected wireless.The issue I have everytime I print something there is a message that comes up saying that the printer is offline and doesn't print,really annoying hope you can fix this or will be returning this printer.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @DURAMAX

I recommend you try the following steps: 

Uninstall your printer

• Press the Windows key +r
  • Type control panel and press Enter
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Select your printer's driver from the list and click to uninstall.  

Remove temp files from your PC:

• Press Windows key + r
  • Type %temp% and press Enter
  • Press Ctrl + a to select all files
  • Press Delete
  • Note that some files may not allow for deletion - not to worry, this is normal. Just click skip as prompted.
  • Empty your Recycle Bin upon completion.

Download the Printer Install Wizard

Click here to install the HP Printer Install Wizard (instead of directly using the printer's driver). When you run it, this utility will facilitate what I'm hoping is a smoother and more effective printer setup.

Let me know if this helps. 

Regards, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

E-ROC:  I read this solution.  I was on the phone with HP Tech Support for 2 hours 8on 4-21 to "fix" my Envy4500 Series OFFLINE issue.  It worked, ONCE after the call.  The printer went OFFLINE again immediately.  We uninstalled the original install; played with the wireless configuration at the printer; configured the IP address so it would "never" change. Installed HP Envy 4500 Series Basic Device Software.

This is VERY FRUSTRATING.  We like the printer a lot.  It's been working fine since January.  This is a recent issue this week.

NO issues with the router:  all our other wireless devices are working just fine.

Th is happening on 2 separate computers, so it's not a computer issue.

HELP!

I have a case # 3027742221.  I'd like to send an email to Customer Support but can find no way to do that.  And I dread another 2 hour phone call  --though the Tech Support agent was superb and patient.

HP Recommended

I am running a dell laptop Isspiron with windows 7, it is connected by USB cable to HP Envy 7640 all-in-one printer. I keep getting the error that the printer is OFFLINE. I have done all the fixes that are available to me, loader new drivers, Run the Scan Doctor, unpluged everthing, restarted vverything and it still will noit print, it says the printer is OFFLINE.

Can you help?

I have hit a BRICK wall!!!

the printer is out of warranty.

Thanks

Ken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.