Question

Honor Student
Joshspurs
Message 1 of 4 (731 Views)

Paper feed issue - deskjet 3070a

I recently bought a hp deskjet 3070a.

looks great and works well for the first month. probbaly used it 3 or 4 times. wireless connection seems to play up alot, one minute its working, seconds later it isnt, then it is again. Thats not my main problem.

I cant print because the paper feed is not working.

The paper feed has broken.... i think...

Im not an idiot therefore i've tried cleaning it, and ive checked the support advice.  Theres no jam. 

ive tried resetting, all sorts.

All it does, is suck in an inch of paper, then thats it, doesnt want to do anymore than that. sometimes it thinks it has the paper and starts to print.

Not very happy considering ive only used it to print a handful of times.

any advice would be appreciated otherwise i believe i am still under warranty can this please be sorted asap.

thanks

Josh

PhD Student
Wixma
Message 2 of 4 (723 Views)

Re: Paper feed issue - deskjet 3070a

Hello Johnspurs.

These printers suffer a lot from foreign material and debris getting into the paper path. I recommend you to remove all paper from the paper input tray and put the printer upside down while the paper input tray is open to check if something is coming out of the paper feed mechanism. You can additionally check this document to see where foreign material can be found and removed from the printer's mechanism.

Cheers!

Wixma.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
Honor Student
Joshspurs
Message 3 of 4 (718 Views)

it could be that, i tried that but nothing seems clean....

the motor seems to make a funny sound, like its struggling. 

it did suck in a bit more paper, but still not all the way...

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 4 (713 Views)

Hi there, it sounds like you may have tried some or all of the suggestions at this link already but take a look and work down through them. If the problem is still not solved and you believe the printer is till in warranty contact HP, click the icon in the top right of the screen for ways to do that for your location.

Best of luck and I hope you get the problem resolved to your satisfaction.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02862584&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation