Persistent paper jam with C4599 all-in-one (1606 Views)
Honor Student
rvddc
Message 1 of 7 (1,606 Views)

Persistent paper jam with C4599 all-in-one

Since a few days, my C4599 all-in-one has displayed a paper jam, even though no paper is jammed. I tried all the steps from the HP help page for this printer (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01588752&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3757826&lan...), including removing the cartridges and a hard reset, but nothing has helped. Last week the printer still worked fine, and I have not changed anything since then. Any help would be appreciated.

Honor Student
liquinno
Message 2 of 7 (1,590 Views)

Re: Persistent paper jam with C4599 all-in-one

Now, this is strange!

I also have a C4599 and I have the exact same problem.

And guess what!!! It started jamming my paper on exactly the same day as yours!

The 20th strange things started to happen.

This is very awkward. Sounds like there is a timer inside to let it fail the day after the warranty expires.

Did you find a solution in the mean time? Or did you contact a hp representative?

Greetings,

Kristof Taveirne

Student
blazta
Message 3 of 7 (1,542 Views)

[ Edited ]

i have a c4380

I had the same issue, UNPLUGG THE POWER BEHIND THE PRINTER FiRST.I removed the left hand side panel and removed the two hex bolts. There was a big white cogweel with a black plastic covering over it that had backed off the shaft. I simply pushed the big white cugweel back down so that it was interlocked with the other gear(on mine there was some plastic behind the big white cugweel with signs on it 1 ,2, 3, 4, and more. i just set it on to some strange rektangular sign was pointing down).Now PLUG THE POWER ON... DONT GET SCARE!!! it will spin back and forward, thats it no more FALSE JAM ERROR  :-) . I guess this was a sign that something was going wrong.

Honor Student
rvddc
Message 4 of 7 (1,515 Views)

Thanks. I opened the left hand side panel. Although the cogwheel seemed to be in place, I touched it and maybe this was enough to remove the jam, and this seems to have solved the problem. Shame on the HP helpdesk, which after one attempt claimed that the printer was beyond repair and tried to sell me another printer.

Honor Student
liquinno
Message 5 of 7 (1,511 Views)

**bleep**, same thing here with me.

The cogwheels seemed to be in place. I tried to turn them by hand to see if every was still working, but 

I didn't expect it to be fixed!!! 

I only tested it after rvddc said toughing the wheel fixed his!

Thanks a lot !!!

You saved me loads of cash, I was planning to buy a new one earlier today because I had given up.

Good thing I didn't :-)

THANKS!

Kristof T.

Student
JWSOTT
Message 6 of 7 (656 Views)

I had a jamb too.

I just opened the sides, right first then left.  I looked at the cogs and then plug the printer back in and presto, it is fixed.  Thanks for the post, at least HP has a forum so we can help each other.

Student
amowers
Message 7 of 7 (619 Views)

Just like other people ... I took the left side panel of my C4599 printer off. 

Looked at the white cogs. Pushed them a litte.  Power printer back on and it was fixed.

Thanks people.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation