Question

Honor Student
PaulM71
Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)
Accepted Solution

PhotoSmart 5520 printing at low resolution

Just bought a new printer (Photosmart 5520) but when I print images from ProSelect software they come out very low resolution. It's not the ProSelect software as the images print in high resolution to my old printer (Photosmart C4480) using exactly the same page set up and print settings. 

It's not that the new printer can't print high res as images as they come out fine if I print from Windows Explorer. I'm using Windows 7.

Any ideas appreciated!

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)

Re: PhotoSmart 5520 printing at low resolution

Hey Paul,

It sounds like the issue is coming from a driver compatibility issue.  I would like for you to try changing the driver to an alternate driver, such as the HP Deskjet 9800 driver, to see if the same printing issue follows or is fixed. 

Shane_R has a great thread with information about how to swap to an alternate driver.  For this information click here.

Let me know the result.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
PaulM71
Message 3 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: PhotoSmart 5520 printing at low resolution

Many thanks Jason, that has worked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation