Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Have a Photosmart 145 and cant get it to work on Windows 7. This website says "Oh the photosmart 335 drivers will work and win update will fix them" No such luck. My photosmart printer is now a pile of garbage. Surely there is a way to get this working on Windows 7?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi joceire,

You need to use the Photosmart 330 driver. Follow the instructions from the document below.

Installing the Printer with an Alternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi joceire,

You need to use the Photosmart 330 driver. Follow the instructions from the document below.

Installing the Printer with an Alternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Pcwizard I did that and the printer doesn't seem to work when I do it that way. I ended up using Virtual PC and using XP on Virtual PC and just use it that way. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi joceire,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Ummm wait... How is that resolved? A virtual PC is essentially  taking a chunk of memory on your hard drive to trick your computer into running like it's a different operating system... So this is not solved! The string is LITERALLY named Photosmart 145 and Windows 7. Your reply above, doesn't work. Everyone that knows ANYthing about eletronics knows to go to support for drivers and the like, so it's highly likely when you turn to a forum, it's due to already trying these things & they werent successful.

I still want to know how to troubleshoot & make it work on MY computer running Windows 7 like the title says. I'm not interested in slowing down my computer & taking up space making a virtual anything just for the printer, but I'd like it to be more than a doorstop.

So where's the REAL solution???

HP Recommended

driver 145 

HP Recommended

This wasn't the solution in the end. As pointed out I had to use a Virtual copy of XP to get it to work. Still never worked in 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.