Question

Student
GregGG
Message 1 of 10 (6,958 Views)

Photosmart 2610 All in One and Windows 7

I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 7 and now I can not print any documents.  I downloaded the adviser and it said everything is OK.  I still can not print.  SHould I just unistall all HP items and start over with a new download from HP?
Tutor
Message 2 of 10 (6,951 Views)

Re: Photosmart 2610 All in One and Windows 7

Correct you can pick your operating system here 32 or 64bit and get the windows 7 driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=421139&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Though I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 10 (6,950 Views)

GregGG wrote:
I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 7 and now I can not print any documents.  I downloaded the adviser and it said everything is OK.  I still can not print.  SHould I just unistall all HP items and start over with a new download from HP?

I would suggest deleting the current drivers and download an install the full featured drivers from HP here.  I am using these drivers with the Photosmart 2610 connected on the network.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Grad Student
SophiaS
Message 4 of 10 (6,949 Views)

These instructions may work for you if you had your printer software installed on Vista, then upgraded to Win7 without removing the old software.

Resolving HP Solution Center Scan and Product Status Issues After Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows...

If you have old software, you can find the new software here:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=421139&lang=en&

Please let me know if this works

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
Tutor
Robert112157
Message 5 of 10 (6,822 Views)

My desktop is running WIN 7 Ultimate with the 2610 printer and last week everything was fine, over the Thanksgiving weekend some patches installed from Microsoft so they installed and everything seemed ok until I went to print. It says sending to printer but the printer queue states zero printing jobs waiting. So nothing will print either by using the HP software or just right clicking a photo in My Pictures folder and select print,,, Nothing will print. But if I open outlook it will a email.. So I had a laptop available and I hooked it up to my network and it is running Vista and to my amazement I right click on a photo and it printed. I have uninstalled the printer and driver, reinstall the driver from the HP web site and still it will not print. I install the HP total software and Driver package and it will not print. It act like it is going to but zero in the print queue. I did a system restore going back to mid November but that did not do anything.I have the printer hooked up by USB, Windows 7 32 bit, on a clean windows install. It work one day then bam not working.
Tutor
Robert112157
Message 6 of 10 (6,806 Views)

Ok I did some searching on microsofts web site and fond the same issues there in a tech forum. They said this is the fix. I will give it a try when I get home tonight! They think it was from a Office 200t update that caused the issue.

try this......

Regedit
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler
Look for the "ImagePath"key in the righthand pane. If it's not there, add it as follows:
Right click in the right hand pane, click on "New" and then select "Expandable string value".
Give it the name "ImagePath".
Double-click on this new value and entered the string "%SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe" in the Value Data field.
Closed regedit and the restarted the machine.

I hope it works for everyone!

Robert

Tutor
Robert112157
Message 7 of 10 (6,769 Views)

Well very disappointed to find my registry already had that string so this doesn’t seem to be my problem, but it has to be some setting somewhere since I can print form my Vista machine, just not from the Windows 7
Tutor
Robert112157
Message 8 of 10 (6,765 Views)

So now I got mad, I uninstalled the printer for the 5th time and this time instead of letting Windows install the printer I did a manual install and it is working. I didn't use a new driver from HP I just picked my printer out from the list in Windows 7 and I am printing.

Student
calisornia
Message 9 of 10 (6,545 Views)

I downloaded the driver from the following URL:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76831-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈...

in the page, the download link is:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30951/mp-76831-1/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

However, when I run the exe, it says corrupted. I tried many times for the past week. same error.

I have photosmart 2610 and windows 7. 

Top Student
aREALprogrammer
Message 10 of 10 (6,079 Views)

the first thing you need to do is configure your firewall. Try adding c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe to allow connections to the network. This helped solve the problem for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation