01-30-2013 08:20 PM
After changing the wireless router ( for the laptop in another room ) to a cisco linksys EA3500 my HP Photosmart 2610 printer shows offline therefore I am unable to print. Currently the connection is into the router. I tried connecting the printer into the back of the computer but windows told me it did not recognize the device. I was going to delete the printer and reload it but I can not find the disk that accompanied the printer when purchased. Should the printer be connected to the router or the computer tower? Also, if I need to simply reload the printer how might I go about getting a disk. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
02-01-2013 11:31 AM
This article should help with your printer offline error:
Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)