01-02-2013 10:34 PM
Can't figure out manual for wireless scanning to computer. Have Windows 8. Online manual says, “If the printer is connected to a Windows computer on a wireless network, you need to enable wireless scan in the software first. From the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, and then click HP. Under HP Photosmart 5510 series, click HP Photosmart 5510 series, click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.”
But I can’t even find “All Programs.” I go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features, but no HP anything there. OK, I’m a novice, and I've had this computer and printer for a couple of days. Can you help me? Thanks. Oh, and the printer prints OK.
01-02-2013 10:51 PM
Well, you can't find All Programs in Windows 8 like the old way BUT you should have a printer icon on your screen (may be out at the right side). Just double click it, you should see a menu and the last item is "Manage Scan to Computer". Now please click it then click Enable. You may wat to tick the box "Automatically ........ " too.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation