Photosmart 5510 and Windows 8 scanning confusion (938 Views)
Student
CherylJean
Message 1 of 2 (938 Views)

Photosmart 5510 and Windows 8 scanning confusion

Can't figure out manual for wireless scanning to computer. Have Windows 8. Online manual says, “If the printer is connected to a Windows computer on a wireless network, you need to enable wireless scan in the software first. From the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, and then click HP. Under HP Photosmart 5510 series, click HP Photosmart 5510 series, click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.”

But I can’t even find “All Programs.” I go to the Control  Panel > Programs and Features, but no HP anything there. OK, I’m a novice, and I've had this computer and printer for a couple of days. Can you help me? Thanks. Oh, and the printer prints OK.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (934 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5510 and Windows 8 scanning confusion

Hi,

Well, you can't find All Programs in Windows 8 like the old way BUT you should have a printer icon on your screen (may be out at the right side). Just double click it, you should see a menu and the last item is "Manage Scan to Computer". Now please  click it then click Enable. You may wat to tick the box "Automatically ........ " too.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation