Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A couple of moths ago i bought a 6520. The printer keepd strating u during the day, some days it will  unexpected start up every hour.

Anyone any idea how to fix this?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Bekded,

I understand you already had Demo Mode already off. If your printer is connected wirelessly, please follow these steps:

Print a Wireless Network Configuration Page:

How to print that - (Select the tool icon in the top right corner on display screen, Select Wireless Menu, Select Display Network Configuration - Print Info)

On the print out, look for: "URL(s) for Embedded Web Server" and you will see the printers IP address (example:192.168.1.112)

Open a web browser on your computer and type the IP address into the main address bar, the printers webpage will populate.

Once you have the printer webpage open, click on "Network" - "Networking" - "UPnP" and disable it.

Close out of the webpage and restart your printer.

Please let me know if this helped! Good luck!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the printer starting up. 

Try to perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

Let me know what happens. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Thank you but it didn't work, keeps starting up unexpectedly a couple of times a day.

Is there something in the settings i can change to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Anyone with a solution for this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi Bekded,

I am sorry to hear that your Photosmart 6520 keeps starting up. I see you have already reset your printer as Rudy suggested.

You can also try selecting the Setup Menu button (top right corner) on the display, Tools, and turning "Demo Mode" off.

Please let me know if that helps, I will do my best to help.

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Tank you but it did not work. Demo mode was already off

HP Recommended

Hi Bekded,

I understand you already had Demo Mode already off. If your printer is connected wirelessly, please follow these steps:

Print a Wireless Network Configuration Page:

How to print that - (Select the tool icon in the top right corner on display screen, Select Wireless Menu, Select Display Network Configuration - Print Info)

On the print out, look for: "URL(s) for Embedded Web Server" and you will see the printers IP address (example:192.168.1.112)

Open a web browser on your computer and type the IP address into the main address bar, the printers webpage will populate.

Once you have the printer webpage open, click on "Network" - "Networking" - "UPnP" and disable it.

Close out of the webpage and restart your printer.

Please let me know if this helped! Good luck!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, this was the solution. Tried it for three days and the printer did restart once.

Thanks

HP Recommended

My problem is just the opposite.   My printer goes to sleep after 3 minutes of not using it, and then the display screen won't work and the power button won't turn it off.   I have to unplug the printer and then when I plug it back in, at times I receive a message that says unplugging it can cause damage to the printer.   I do not have any other choice than to unplug it because nothing else will work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.