Question

Honor Student
dragonmasterdoo
Message 1 of 10 (2,190 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 7510 Photo Tray

I just bought a Photosmart 7510 and I'm a little confused by the photo tray.  My confusion comes from when you have to lift it up to insert paper into the regular paper tray.  When looking on the instructions in the manual and online the pictures make it seem like you are able to tilt up the photo tray and lock in place so you can put paper in the paper tray.  However, I am on my second printer where when I tilt up the photo tray it does not lock in place and I am forced to hold it up with one of my hands so I can insert paper in the paper tray.  Is this the way it is supposed to work and the instructions for inserting plain paper are leaving out the fact that you have to hold up the photo tray?  I did call HP tech support but the woman I talked to had a hard time understanding me and although she eventually did go and test this out on a printer in her call center saying that I should not have to hold it up, the whole time she kept on thinking I was talking about installing photo paper, not plain paper and I fear she tested out tilting the clear door that is on top of the photo tray, not actually lifting up the entire photo tray.  Any one else have this printer that can verify whether or not my printer is doing what it is supposed to before I go and return a second printer and find out there is nothing wrong with it?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 10 (2,165 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7510 Photo Tray

[ Edited ]

Hi dragonmasterdoo, 

The photo tray doesn't lock in the up position. What you can do is remove the photo tray while you load standard paper, and then reinsert the photo tray back into the printer.

:smileyhappy:

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
dragonmasterdoo
Message 3 of 10 (2,159 Views)

Thank you.  For some reason the employee over the phone told me otherwise.  Glad I double checked.

Top Student
kaka711
Message 4 of 10 (2,100 Views)

Is the door to the paper tray supposed to always remain open? Mine won't stay closed, it just slowy opens up again, seems to be broken right out of the box. Anyone else have this issue?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 5 of 10 (2,092 Views)

Hi kaka711,

When you close the door make sure you hear a small click, and then it should stay closed.

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
kaka711
Message 6 of 10 (2,089 Views)

Thanks for responding, but it doesn't click, just keeps slowly opening back up. I just took it out of the box today and set it all up, it came out of the box that way, I guess it's broken :smileysad:((

Provost
pcwizard
Message 7 of 10 (2,087 Views)

Hi kaka711,

Remove the photo tray and then reinsert it. If the door fails to stay closed after reseating the photo tray you can call our technical support at 800-474-6836. The support agent then can verify the defective tray, and as long as you are still in warranty setup repair or replacement to resolve the issue. If you live outside of the US/Canada region, click on the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
kaka711
Message 8 of 10 (2,082 Views)

Yes I did that last night. Still doesn't close. The part that won't close is the flap under the tray itself where the paper is inserted. The flap is actually a part of the entire printer unit. The entire printer would need to be replaced. I purchased it for my daughter in December and just set it up last night. I don't know about the warranty or repair service. It came this way right out of the box.
Provost
pcwizard
Message 9 of 10 (2,075 Views)

Hi kaka711,

You will need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. The support agent then can verify the defective tray, and as long as you are still in warranty setup replacement to resolve the issue. If you live outside of the US/Canada region, click on the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 10 (2,044 Views)

Hi

If you have an issue with the paper tray not closing make sure of the following items

1. Photo tray is completly seated properly, so the magnets will meet to keep paper door closed

2. Check to make sure that the magnets are still in place on both the photo tray & paper tray door

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation