Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a Photosmart 7520.  The printer installs easily on Windows 7 Home machines, but fails to install on my Windows 7 Professional machine.  

After running the install program on the completed disk OR running the install program from the HP website, I simply cannot get the printer to install via a wireless network connection.  Running the network connection troubleshooter, as suggested by the install software does not yield a working solution.  According to the printer's network connection diagnostics printout, my network connection and settings are excellent and configured appropriately.  

Attempting to install the printer via USB connection on the W7 Pro machine yields a completed install program, but no functioning communication between the printer and my computer.  No test pages will print, and no documents are shown in the print spool.  I am unable to access any functions from the "Devices and Printers" window, instead encountering an error that says "Operation could not be completed".  

Removing the printer from the "Devices and Printers" listing and attempting a manual install through the OS dialogs yield a "print driver was not installed, access is denied" error when I attempt to reinstall the driver.  When I use the already installed driver, I receive an error that reads "unable to install printer, some driver files were missing or incorrect".  

This issue is very frustrating.  Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
OK alex, the error you are getting "print driver was not installed, access is denied" seems to be a Windows issue. Something on your computer is stopping the drivers from being installed properly. See link below for details.

http://goo.gl/SzRuD

Try downloading and installing the latest full featured software and drivers from from the link below:

http://goo.gl/GDmjG

Be sure to uninstall all HP printer components through Windows Add/Remove Programs before installing. Also, make sure to temporarily disable your antivirus software and/or firewall before installing.Wwhen you run the installer, right click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download the following program and sun on your computer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-109033-2/hppiw.exe

I will ask you few simple quaetion and search for solution.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion.  After I downloaded and ran the supplied file, the wizard indicated that basic software was installed, but the device drivers were missing.  I ran the setup again as directed by the wizard and was still unable to get my printer's drivers installed correctly.

HP Recommended
Hi alexfursr,

I recommend creating a new user account under Windows and see if the printer can be installed there.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion.  I created a new administrator-level account and the printer drivers still were unable to install correctly.

HP Recommended

I have installed/uninstalled the CD and from the Wizard probably 30 times...still unable to do anything except for error:

USB device not ompatible or not in disk drive/mass storage

Remove device or place in disk drive/mass storage mode

I have moved the USB to different ports...still NO luck.  I am SO frustrated.  The only instructions that came with the printer is a ONE page that is pictures, the USB cable, the CD. 

I have tried calling HP but cant get thru to anyone who speaks FLUENT English...being disabled....I need someone who can speak FLUENT English that I can understand and they can understand me.

Can ANYONE help? 

Thanks

Shirley

HP Recommended
OK alex, the error you are getting "print driver was not installed, access is denied" seems to be a Windows issue. Something on your computer is stopping the drivers from being installed properly. See link below for details.

http://goo.gl/SzRuD

Try downloading and installing the latest full featured software and drivers from from the link below:

http://goo.gl/GDmjG

Be sure to uninstall all HP printer components through Windows Add/Remove Programs before installing. Also, make sure to temporarily disable your antivirus software and/or firewall before installing.Wwhen you run the installer, right click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info!  The resetting registry permissions as outlined in your first link did the trick.

HP Recommended

repeatedly told that machine was out of paper, it was not, after repeated attempte to solve problem i.e  deal with jammed paper etc. Gave up and uninstalled soft ware assiming this was the problem and attempted to reinstall with disc that came with machine  Printer was unable to read the disc.  I now have no software and have been unable to reinstall via the web site.  HELP.

HP Recommended

Greetings!!@redmoten

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query.

As I Understand your Photosmart 7520 Installation fails.

I will be more than glad to help you out!!

Find the link to download the full feature software :Click here (Please select your PC OS and version)

Please complete the step and let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.