Question

Honor Student
TenX
Message 1 of 6 (25,149 Views)

Photosmart B209a-m Driver for Windows 7

[ Edited ]

I'm becoming very very annoyed with this printer.  It's 2 weeks old and I've managed to pint a total of 8 pages. I can't scan, I can't copy.  If I try to use it the flash screen that tells me that 'my printer is offline' comes up so often that the computer can't be used.  It is not much better than a ship anchor.  WHEN IS HP GOING TO PRODUCE A DRIVER THAT WORKS WITH WINDOWS 7!!!! Now for goodness sakes, HP was a development partner with Microsoft on the Windows 7 project.  It should not hold any secrets!!  Please, someone with some idea what is going on PLEASE REPLY!

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 2 of 6 (25,137 Views)

Re: Photosmart B209a-m Driver for Windows 7

TenX,

To help you reslove this issue I would like some information.

Did you upgade from Vista, if so was your printer installed in VIsta when you did the upgrade?

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Intern
Raaaabert
Message 3 of 6 (24,868 Views)

Listen I am in the same boat as this guy, I have a NEW version of Win7 (32bit) installed on a HP machine (DV6129tX) that is not fully compatible with Win7. Seriously starting to get annoyed with the whole obsolescene of the whole IT scene! Anyway I digress.

The software is not fully compatible with Win7 because it installs 3 different printers that each work differently depending on the application I use to print with. Word, Adobe, Pic viewer etc. Some 'printers' wont do double sided whilst others are default at letter format, and I cant find the printer preferences anywhere to configure the setup of the page4 for this (copy 1) version of my piece of rubbish Photosmart B209a-m. I am no computer imbecile yet I still find this POS (piece of s.....) way too difficult to use. What chance has the average mum and pop have setting this up wirelessly?

Are we the only two people in the WORLD using Windows7 and this printer? If I set this up without Wifi will there not be 3 different printers to choose from each with different properties and functions. To be honest I wont even justify HP with the effort to uninstall everything and try to connect using only ethernet as its not what I paid for.

I paid for a simple printer that would do wifi seamlessly without having to look-up a self authored matrix of printer-drivers versus base applications in order to select the right 'printer' to use..... What ever happened to the single printer (who gives a toss about UDP or this or that or whatever)!

VERY PISSED OFF with HP rubbish printers. If you guys spent more time alignging the drivers with the OS than designing fancy smooth edges and new colour schemes for your marketing you'd might have something that is satidfactory. At the moment my Photosmart B209a-m and Windows 7 is utterly utterly dissapointing....

Intern
Raaaabert
Message 4 of 6 (24,847 Views)

[ Edited ]

:manmad:

Intern
Raaaabert
Message 5 of 6 (24,753 Views)

[ Edited ]

HELLO HP FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!!! {Content Edited}

Retired
SedonaF
Message 6 of 6 (16,052 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation