03-13-2009 01:16 PM - edited 03-13-2009 01:17 PM
My fiance and I just purchased the HP Photosmart C6380. I have successfully wirelessly connected the printer to our router, and my laptop computer (Dell Inspiron 600m, running Windows XP) is also successfully wirelessly connected to our router. I have been able to install the software from the printer to my computer to be able to print when the computer and printer are wired together.
However, when trying to install the software from the CD to my computer to be able to print wirelessly, it will not complete the installation. I will place the disc into the CD-ROM drive, the program running screen will automatically pop up, and I am able to start the install. After getting the warning message about firewalls and such, the program will continue installing until it reaches 6% completion in step 1 of 4. After that, the program will close on its own.
What am I doing wrong, and how can I correct this so I can print wirelessly?
11-26-2010 11:09 AM
I am using Windows Vista and I cannot find a driver for my HP Photosmart C6300 printer. Is there another drive that is compatible.
11-27-2010 06:10 AM
Go online to HP Technical Support.
Enter your Product No: HP Photosmart 6300.
Look for 'Software & Driver Downloads'.
Select your Operating System: Windows Vista.
This will take you to the appropriate page to download the required drivers and software as necessary.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)