Question

Honor Student
MrsG1018
Message 1 of 4 (3,363 Views)

Photosmart C6300 series- cannot install software for wireless printing

[ Edited ]

My fiance and I just purchased the HP Photosmart C6380.  I have successfully wirelessly connected the printer to our router, and my laptop computer (Dell Inspiron 600m, running Windows XP) is also successfully wirelessly connected to our router.  I have been able to install the software from the printer to my computer to be able to print when the computer and printer are wired together.

However, when trying to install the software from the CD to my computer to be able to print wirelessly, it will not complete the installation.  I will  place the disc into the CD-ROM drive, the program running screen will automatically pop up, and I am able to start the install.  After getting the warning message about firewalls and such, the program will continue installing until it reaches 6% completion in step 1 of 4.  After that, the program will close on its own.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I correct this so I can print wirelessly?

Message Edited by MrsG1018 on 03-13-2009 12:17 PM
Tutor
Cornfly
Message 2 of 4 (3,299 Views)

Re: Photosmart C6300 series- cannot install software for wireless printing

Forget the CD try downloading the latest software and drivers from the HP Support Web page and install from that. Worth a try!
Student
bettyann
Message 3 of 4 (1,344 Views)

I am using Windows Vista and I cannot find a driver for my HP Photosmart C6300 printer.  Is there another drive that is compatible.

Tutor
Cornfly
Message 4 of 4 (1,326 Views)

Go online to HP Technical Support.

Enter your Product No: HP Photosmart 6300.

Look for 'Software & Driver Downloads'.

Select your Operating System: Windows Vista.

This will take you to the appropriate page to download the required drivers and software as necessary.

Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation