Question

Honor Student
Merchford
Message 1 of 6 (1,526 Views)

Photosmart D5160

I have downloaded the full driver/software pack for Windows 7 for the Photosmart D5160 printer. The printer works fine but Photosmart Essentials has automatically been installed rather that Photosmart Premier. How can I re-install Photosmart Premier so that the CD/DVD printing can function?
Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 6 (1,521 Views)

Re: Photosmart D5160

I think you are looking for "Roxio Express Labeler" Disc Labelling software. You can download it from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL19417/oj-51361-2/229448-HPCOM-V6.exe

You can even try downloading another Disc Labelling software from the following weblink:

http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/144263-6DN5/Acoustica-CD-Label-Maker-Installer.exe

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Merchford
Message 3 of 6 (1,510 Views)

I am not looking for cd/dvd labelling software, I just want to be able to use the HP photoshop premier software that came with and is compatable with the printer.

Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 6 (1,499 Views)

You can try installing the Photosmart Premier from this link. This link also contains some other printer drivers which is not harm for your system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL18476/mp-47754-2/AIO_CDB_Full_Network_enu_NB.exe

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Merchford
Message 5 of 6 (1,474 Views)

The download link is for Photosmart Essential not Photosmart Premier. You cannot align correctly for directly printing onto CD/DVD media with Essentials that I assume is why this printer came with HP Photoshop Premier.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 6 (1,433 Views)

I believe the Photosmart Premier software has discontinued in favour of the Photosmart Essential program. You should still be able to install Photosmart Premier from the original disk and install it under Compatibility mode, though I'm not sure about how successful it'll be.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation