Question

Student
JayMJ99
Message 1 of 4 (2,641 Views)

Photosmart Plus B209a-m black ink not aligning

So after a maddening installation process that has taken three hours, I finally have the printer working with Windows 7. The only problem I am now running into is that the ink will not align properly. Specifically, the black ink. I have the ink that came in the box and an XL 564 ink cartrige and neither one will align properly. I can't comprehend what the problem could possibly be. It locks into place properly, there is nothing blocking the ink, it just simply won't work. Please advise.

Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 2 of 4 (2,637 Views)

Re: Photosmart Plus B209a-m black ink not aligning

hi,

Pease try to use this document to identify that the problem is the black ink cartridge. Click here

Hope that would help.

Kiko
Honor Student
meg_deck
Message 3 of 4 (2,002 Views)

I'm having the same exact problem with my hp b209a-m. I've had it for less than a year and it worked perfectly up until last night when all of a sudden it stopped printing black ink. All other colors work fine. I've taken every action suggested by HP support site, I've cleaned the print heads, ran alignments, changed cartridges twice to new one (have never used anything but HP new cartridges) and still no black ink. So I tried searching for a solution outside the HP site I found that there are a lot of people with the same problem but I've yet to find one person that has solved it.

Tutor
dael
Message 4 of 4 (1,632 Views)

Have your issues been resolved.

I figure I would add my 2 cents.

Mine won't read alignment page! worked fine for a month or so.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation