12-17-2009 03:51 PM
So after a maddening installation process that has taken three hours, I finally have the printer working with Windows 7. The only problem I am now running into is that the ink will not align properly. Specifically, the black ink. I have the ink that came in the box and an XL 564 ink cartrige and neither one will align properly. I can't comprehend what the problem could possibly be. It locks into place properly, there is nothing blocking the ink, it just simply won't work. Please advise.
04-15-2010 12:36 AM
I'm having the same exact problem with my hp b209a-m. I've had it for less than a year and it worked perfectly up until last night when all of a sudden it stopped printing black ink. All other colors work fine. I've taken every action suggested by HP support site, I've cleaned the print heads, ran alignments, changed cartridges twice to new one (have never used anything but HP new cartridges) and still no black ink. So I tried searching for a solution outside the HP site I found that there are a lot of people with the same problem but I've yet to find one person that has solved it.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)