Question

Top Student
shepherd100
Message 1 of 2 (906 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart Plus B210a will not print on Windows XP computer but works on Windows 7 computer

I just got a Photosmart Plus B210a printer. I was able to install it using wireless to work with my Dell Dimension 3000 3 GHz computer with Windows XP SP3 32 bit. It will respond to scan, but it will NOT print, not matter what I do. I have a wireless Netgear router. I have tried the Dell connected directly to the router by cable and using a Netgear USB WG111v3 USB adapter. No printing regardless of configuration.

On the other hand, I have been able to make the printer work with a Athlon II X4 630 AMD machine with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Everything works regardless of whether the machine is connected directly to the Netgear router or using the USB adapter mentioned above.

How can I make the B210a work with my Dell with Windows XP? Is it an XP problem because Windows 7 worked fully, but Windows XP would only scan.

Top Student
shepherd100
Message 2 of 2 (886 Views)

Re: Photosmart Plus B210a will not print on Windows XP computer but works on Windows 7 computer

I subsequently removed all the B201a software originally loaded. Had the printer detect the network, then reloaded the software from the CD. The printer then worked fine. What a relief. Possibly the problem that I had earlier was related to my trying to use the USB when the printer originally did not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation