12-14-2010 07:06 PM
I've uninstalled, unplugged, re-booted, and installed again. I'm still getting an alignment failure. I can't even find Product Model # on email support page. It only has B210 a; b; c. No e. I so hate brand new everything set ups. Any help appreciated.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Photosmart Plus B210e Alignment Failed
01-01-2011 09:32 PM
Ok. Had mine unplulgged also. It is now also working. First time alignment successful. So since I started this, although I haven't set up any photo to print yet (so I'm not totally sure) I'm going to have to say solved. Though don't ask me how. And I still don't know why HP don't recongize this printer. Just a b and c.
12-16-2010 02:15 AM
I bought a B210e Dec 15 and had the same problem. The unit prints in black, but not in color. Alignment Failed messages each time I run the alignment utility. Printer status report shows no color.
12-25-2010 11:07 AM
I have the same issue. Alignment fails. I can print in b/w, but getting no color. I have tried removing and installing the cartridges, rebooting the printer, cleaning the cartridges...nothing has worked. Does anyone in HP-land have any thoughts at all??? Obviously, others here have been waiting for a response for a while.
Another issue I am having is I can't get two way communication working, so any maintenance has to be done from the printer, and can't be done from the software. That's not as big of an issue, though, as not being able to print in color on my brand new color printer....
12-26-2010 03:50 PM
Just talked to tech support concerning this identical problem on identical printer. This is the very first time I have used the printer. Here's what corrected my problem:
Turn off the printer for 30 sec. Turn back on, go to "setup menu", go to "tools", scroll to "clean printhead". After cleaning the printhead, then go to "align printer" and perform that function......this corrected my problem. Hopefully this will fix yours also. After thinking about it, this all made perfect sense especially if you have just changed ink cartridges.....that is to say clean first then align. Good luck.
12-28-2010 03:49 AM
I have the alligment failed error, but printer acts and prints as if it succeeded. Print in either text or graphics looks good.
Have tried cleaning and reduing alignment but it still fails.
Any ideas? Bad printer or firmware??
12-28-2010 05:33 AM
The printer might fail to print in color if the alignment is not successful. Hence, I would request you to perform a semifull reset on the printer and then align the printer.
Please follow the steps given below to perform a semifull reset:
1. Turn the printer ON.
2. From the home screen, press the following unlit corners.
3. Top left, Top right and then Top left twice.
4. This will take you to Support menu.
5. Touch Reset Menu.
6. Touch Semifull Reset.
7. Once, the semifull reset is complete align the printer. Please follow the steps given below to align the printer.
1. Touch Set up.
2. Touch Tools
3. Touch Align printer
4. The printer goes through the alignment process and then prints an alignment page. Check if the alignment prints in color.
If the alignment page prints in color then place the align page on the scanner glass as shows at the bottom of the alignment page and then align the printer. Once, the alignment is successfully done try printing.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)