Question

Honor Student
mishneh
Message 1 of 40 (15,155 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart Premium C310a Printing Blank Pages

I have a Photosmart Premium C310a printer that I have already returned one printer to the store for this same issue. After the intial set up the printer was working fine(besides the white lines that printed in photos, but I could deal with that). Like I said I returned the first because I could not get the printer to print anything. Would make sounds like it was printing, but would then spit out a blank page no matter how I printed or copied. I changed the ink to brand new ink and still had no luck. When I tried to align the cartridges it fidgeted around for a while and then said "Alignment Failed". So I took the product back and had it replaced. Got a new one and same exact situation happened. Installed and worked great...Using same ink that wasn't working on the previous printer...Now 2 days later only puts out blank paper...Please help.

Thanks,

Matt

Top Student
dougie06n
Message 2 of 40 (15,125 Views)

Re: Photosmart Premium C310a Printing Blank Pages

matt

i have had the exact same happen to me i am now on second printer and i have just had new ink delivered but with no result, dont know why you are asking on here though mate as they are useless i have posted on here about six times and no one answers me, i think HP have a problem with this printer and are not willing to admit it, my system is brand new and i am running windows 7 64 bit, if you get anywhere please post to let me know as i am just about to change it back to Epson i did not ever get any trouble with them.

Student
RJbal4
Message 3 of 40 (15,092 Views)

Like both of you I am on my second printer.  I spent 6 hours on line with some yahoo from HP Tech support who couldn't come up with a solution and told me he would call me back.  That was two days ago.  I am totally frustrated with this printer and with HP. 

I did get it to print black ink, but only off of documents and spreadsheets on the hard drive. Will not cooperated with web pages.  I am ready to take it back and buy another brand.

The Photosmart printer that I had previous worked great until the carriage jammed after five years.  All I want is a simple scanner/printer.

RJBal4

Honor Student
mishneh
Message 4 of 40 (15,072 Views)

Well, I caved and bought brand new ink because I'm stupid. Made some headway I guess...I can now print with colors, but no black. This makes no sense whatsoever. I am still getting the alignment failed anytime I try to align the cartridges and like I said am able to now print colors, but no black ink. I really don't want to get a different printer at this point now that I am in this for about $120 in ink...So frustrating!

Student
piesta
Message 5 of 40 (15,050 Views)

I am having the same issue.  The printer worked great for 2 days and then wasn't used for a week. Now it prints blank pages and alignment fails.  Have bought new cartridges and spent 4 hours on phone with Tech support with no results.

Student
Brownpc33
Message 6 of 40 (15,049 Views)

I have had the same problem...2 printers in two weeks.  On with online tech support now who says that the root cause is a printhead malfunction.

Top Student
dougie06n
Message 7 of 40 (15,039 Views)

i have my third printer now but not taken it out of the box yet(2days) as i fear it will go the same way as the last two i have a full set of spare ink as well now but as someone else said i could get the colour working but not the black ink so all it wanted to do was mix up the colour to make black. i think i will try my latest printer this afternoon but i am not holding much hope, think HP have a problem with this printer or the software, can i ask did anyone here update the software on the printer i did it with my second one but no change so that did not do it for me i am going to change to another company if it does not work this time. i would also like to say if HP monitor this forum (which is an offical HP forum) then there customer service is rubbish the least they could do is release a statement or try to help us.

Student
cder92
Message 8 of 40 (14,973 Views)

I had the same problem.  My HP Photosmart Premium C310 printer worked fine for a few days and then it started to print out blank pages.  I tried everything that I could think of to fix it.  I cleaned the Printhead and did a Level 2 cleaning (not knowing that it was draining all of my ink) and each print out showed more and more improvement.  Then I printed a test page and it was blank.  So I turned off the printer, and unplugged the power source for about a minute or two and then plugged it back in and turned it on again.  Well, to my surprise, it is actually printing fine.  Maybe that might work for you?  Good luck!

Honor Student
Sc0tt
Message 9 of 40 (14,949 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was having the exact same problem.  Found this link under the B210 forum, followed every step, including working a pin around each cartridge vent, and by the time I got through the printhead cleaning, it started printing...although I still get the alignment failure!

Update 12/3: Printed a Diagnostics Page and found which cartridge was not printing correctly, based on the blotches on Page 2.  Was able to then go back through the link instructions for that particular cartridge and doing the clean head process a couple times, I saw improvement each time, such that by the third time, each ink was printing correctly and the alignment passed successfully.  Of course, I'm now down to 75% of the ink; but at least it is working now.

Hope this helps...

Honor Student
mishneh
Message 10 of 40 (14,878 Views)

Well, I returned my 2nd printer and Best Buy had the C310 and C410 on sale and the printers they had on display looked different then the previous 2 that I had. I don't know if this has changed anything, but I was able to trade it back in and pick up the 410 this time(the Photosmart Premium + Fax) for no additional cost. I have been using it for about a week and haven't had a problem as of yet. I don't know if the 410 is  fixed the problem or if it is the change to the models that I noticed at the store, but mine is now working, so you may want to head back in and see if the change has done anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation