05-22-2012 09:13 PM
I recently purchased a Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium computer. I tried to install my older HP C4280 printer and I have not been able to get it to work. I downloaded the recommended driver from HP, "PS_AIO_C4200_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe " I made certain to follow the instructions carefully and did not plug in the printer until I was prompted to do so. Upon completion of the installation, the USB Mass Storage Driver failed and would not complete. The printer will print, but it will not scan. I am assuming this is the driver for the Camera card array in the front left.
I tried to uninstall the drivers and make sure that the device manager was clear of any HP files. I made sure all HP software was removed from the Program lists. After another attempt with the same problems, I even restored my computer back to factory settings and tried once more. Still the same, always stopping on USB Mass Storage. I have no other devices plugged into this computer accept a mouse, ps2 keyboard and this printer.
I also tried to manually install the USB drivers from the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and this didn't work either. It would either say that it was already the correct driver, but have an error code 10 or that the driver was wrong.
Any help with the matter would be appreciated, I am stumped.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)