Question

Honor Student
ck_bordelon
Message 1 of 8 (1,650 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart d110 Setup Language Change

HP Photosmart d110 need to change language in the solution center.  When I installed my printer, the language is in German but I have the touchscreen on the printer in English.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and I can't seem to get it in English.  My daughter has the same printer installed on her laptop and everything is in English.  We are currently living in Germany, but I don't understand why her's set up in English and mine did not.  I'm tired of translating to undertand.  Any help??

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 8 (1,648 Views)

Re: Photosmart d110 Setup Language Change

I live in the Netherlands. When I installed the Solution center for my C310 printer the setup asked me which language I wanted to use I chose English instead of Dutch. This is a common multilingual interface user interface issue.  My Solution Center software informs me that it does not match the operating system display language but I ignore it.

Is the operating system that you are using on a PC that you bought in Germany? Which operatng system is it?

Have you set Engish as the only display language or do you have English (US) and German. I suggest that you uninstall the printer , choose the display language of the OS and then reinstall the printer software ensuring that you choose English and configure the printer software.

language.JPG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
ck_bordelon
Message 3 of 8 (1,640 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I have a HP TouchSmart with Windows 7 and it was bought here in Germany, but on the military base. My daugher's laptop was bought at the same place but different brand.

I have uninstalled the printer. My language is set to English and I can choose between English and German.

When I insert the disk to reinstall the printer, it comes up in German...not sure why.
Honor Student
ck_bordelon
Message 4 of 8 (1,639 Views)

YAY! I figured it out. You speaking of the language brought me to further look into the region/location area. I changed something (don't remember) from German to English and now my setup is in English. THANK YOU! Have a great weeken!
Student
LanaK
Message 5 of 8 (1,356 Views)

I have a PhotoSmart D110 and somehow the language got changed from English to Spanish - maybe I somehow did it unintentionally.  Other than reinstalling the printer, any suggestions on getting it back to English?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 6 of 8 (1,339 Views)

Lana, I am going to send you a PM with the instructions. 

I hope this resolves the issue! 

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 8 (1,336 Views)

Scratch that, there is a really easy way to do this. 

Lana, hit the lit up line out beside the wrench in the bottom left hand corner of the printer's front panel. In this menu, press "OK" ... this will open your preferences menu. Then press "OK" again. The top option in this list should be Enlglish (Anglais). Once that is lit up, hit "OK." Then hit the right arrow, and select "Yes" (Si). 

This should reselect the default language for the printer as English. 

I hope this helps! 

Student
rohise
Message 8 of 8 (1,161 Views)

You Rock!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation