Possessed C4795 locked up (180 Views)
Honor Student
silver_shadow
Message 1 of 1 (180 Views)

Possessed C4795 locked up

I bought a HP Pavilion DV7-1448DX and the C4795 as a backup for my current HP Pavilion DV9608 NR and my C4580 because it was a special deal running if you bought both.  I knew i was eventually going to go to 64 bit and the timing was right.  I wanted until a little over a year before I opened the boxes and decided to use the new laptop and printer. By then both were out of warranty. The new printer and laptop worked perfectly.  I continued to use both printers and laptops just comparing features, speeds, etc. 

Then about 4 months after the warranty expired the C4795 printer got possessed.  It would not connect wirelessly so I had to use the USB cord all the time.  Then it would not accept the USB cord.  When I would turn it on it would start flashing between screens, on the panel, and keep saying something different on the panel so I could not print.  I tried reinstalling the printer software and it would not see the USB cable either.  I checked the forum and found out that there was an update to do if the printer displayed the HP logo all the time which my did for 2-3 minutes after starting then it would display the rotation of the different screens again.  I tried and tried to reset it by the software and gave up and put in C4780 back on line. My 1488DX and my C4780 work fine wirelessly.

My printer has been off ever since, about 9 months.  I was searching for something on HP and started looking at the C4795 issues again.  I decided to turn it back on and try it.  At first it did the HP logo thing for about a minute then it said "color copying 1:1, 8.5x11 plain" and hung there.  I pulled the cord again, as I have done many times,  and waited 30 seconds and plugged back in and now it says "scanning" and now it is hung there.

I like this printer because the color matches of it matches my 1448DX and it worked well.  I did nothing but turn it off one day and turn it back on and it got possessed.  The printer SN is CN966GCxxx.  What can I do to totally reset the printer back to specs.   It will print the wireless configuration page without any problems if you are fast enough to get into menu before it changes.  The display has a faint lite black color (grayish black) in the background (not true black).  It almost looks like the background in the display is moving.  It is not a solid color like the display was when I first started using it.

What can I do to fix this?  I don't relish the idea of sending it back to HP.  If there is an HP repair center close by, zip code 40222, I would not be opposed to that.  Only 4 months of use from an HP product.  Yes I still have my receipt, learned this from the first issue with HP.  This is the third time I have had an major issue with HP. 

Thanks
Silver_Shadow
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation