Question

Honor Student
tekgerl
Message 1 of 12 (1,085 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print Head Alignment HELP!

[ Edited ]

I have a 2 yr. old HP Photosmart plus B209a printer that is printing out blank pages. Never had a problem with it before but I think it's the printheads that are out of alignment.  I used to have a alignment page for realigning the heads but I can't find it and the printer is not printing one out completely as well as a print test page. so I can't align the printheads properly...any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 12 (1,059 Views)

Re: Print Head Alignment HELP!

Hello tekgerl

The following article may be more helpful than a printer alignment, but I will include those instructions as well below. If the problem persists please include your operating system. The Black paper article below contains instructions for both Windows and Mac.

Printer Prints Blank Sheets of Paper

Step five: Align the printer
Follow these steps to open the printer toolbox and align the printheads if there were defects on the print quality diagnostic report.
  1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.
  2. Open HP Solution Center:
    Windows XP:
    Click Start , click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .

Windows Vista or Windows 7:
    Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , point to HP , and then click HP Solution Center .

HP Solution Center opens in a separate window.
  3. Click Settings ( ).
  4. Under Print Settings , click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens in a new window.
  5. Click the Device Services tab.
  6. Click Align the Printheads .
    The product aligns the printheads. When the alignment is complete, the product prints an alignment page.
    Figure 13: Example alignment page
    NOTE:Mechanical noises during and after alignment are normal.
  7. Recycle or discard the alignment page.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
tekgerl
Message 3 of 12 (1,055 Views)

travis,

I tried everything and still cannot get my printer to print.  and now my black ink is way low for some reason! all my cartridges were brand new HP 564 cartridges.  I wonder what happened?! I tried to print another test page and all that prints is the windows logo in color and "Windows Printer Test Page" in faded grey and nothing else!

should i buy yet ANOTHER black cartridge? I'm so frustrated it's been a month now that I cannot print...Is this what happens after the warranty expires? My printer still looks brand new I would hate to dump it and buy another. such a waste of $$$!

Thanks for trying to help me...I'm stumped!

Tekgerl 

Honor Student
tekgerl
Message 4 of 12 (1,050 Views)

Also Now when i view network connection summary it states No connection found!
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 12 (1,046 Views)

Hello tekgerl

You may want to check the HP Print and Scan Doctor for the "no connection" message you are now receiving.

Since color seems to be printing properly please have a look at the Print Quality article. If you get to the point of trying a new HP ink cartridge you can either purchase a new one or call HP. HP Ink cartridges have their own warranties and if your current black ink isn't working correctly it should be covered under warranty.

Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges, Printheads, and Related Supplies

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Honor Student
accubizbooks
Message 6 of 12 (955 Views)

HELP! Print Head Alignment

[ Edited ]

I purchased 2 print heads 2 months ago.  One Black/Yellow and the other Magenta/Cyran.  They have not worked properly since I have had them.  I have aligned, clean and calibrate numerous times to no avail.  They are not expired and my ink catridges are fine.  I have HP officejet Pro L7780 and the print heads are 88

Any help pleaase.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 12 (943 Views)

Re: HELP! Print Head Alignment

Hello accubizbooks

If the Print Heads were replaced 2 months ago they should still be in warranty. I would contact phone support at 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Honor Student
accubizbooks
Message 8 of 12 (930 Views)

They told me to buy a new printer as my printer is out of warrenty

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 9 of 12 (927 Views)

Hello accubizbooks

I am about to send you a private message with additional instructions.

Student
oldrocco
Message 10 of 12 (906 Views)

Own C310A - Print align repeated several times but

printer tells me the aligment fialed.

How do I repair or remedy the proble?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation