Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I'm making a quick document showing you how to clear the print queue if you ever get a document stuck in the "printing" mode and never prints or finishes the job.

A print spooler is software that temporarily stores print jobs on the computer hard disk or in memory until the printer is ready to print them. If you've been waiting an unusually long time for a document to print, or if you see an error message about the print spooler, spooler subsystem, or spooler resources, you might need to change and then restart the Print Spooler service on your computer.

To do this, we recommend that you save your work, and then restart the computer to restart the Print Spooler service. If you don't want to restart the computer, try these steps instead

Video:

If you have any other questions please let me know.

THX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hope this is helpful.

THX

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hope this is helpful.

THX

HP Recommended
Thanks for this solution. I have Windows 8 and your instructions worked for me too.
HP Recommended

Great! 

Glad I could help.

Also, thanks for the KUDOS!

HP Recommended

WOW!!!!  Thanks you!  I have a Windows 10 OS but this solution cleared a stuck/errored print job that has been in the queue for 3 days!!!  Yay, Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.