Question

Student
scarr416
Message 1 of 16 (7,614 Views)

Printer Mispick error on hp 1536 dnf

We recently purchased a hp 1536 dnf printer.  We have been receiving document mispick errors.  We will put a piece of paper into the feeder and then hit copy.  The feeder will take the paper, run it through the copier without stopping or jamming, the copier will not start, and we receive a mispick error.

There is nothing in the printer that is jammed, the paper runs through fine.  The copier just won't start.  This happens at random times.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 16 (7,545 Views)

Re: Printer Mispick error on hp 1536 dnf

Please tell me what OS you are running and if the printer has been asleep or if it happens during continuous use. I will run some tests and see if I can help you with this problem.

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 16 (7,508 Views)

I tested this scenario on a Vista 32 bit and a Mac OS X machine and resolved it by re-installing the drivers. Both machines are networked in and are set up for e-Print. They were able to scan, copy and print under all scenarios using the hp 1536dnf scan  software.

Please re-install the drivers either from the disk or from hp.com and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks.

If this solved your problem, please mark this post as solved.

I am an HP employee.

Student
kumarrenjith
Message 4 of 16 (6,745 Views)

Re: Printer Mispick error on hp 1536 dnf in adf

paper mispicup error showing in adf & flatbed scaning workig fine. adf portion check all gears & sensor , problem repeated. which part is defective in this case.

Honor Student
akaula
Message 5 of 16 (6,733 Views)

I am also having the same issue. It feeds, then it keeps trying to grab more paper and then it errors. It works fine from the glass but not the adf. Another thing is that this unit is not connected to any computer. It is used only as a stand alone fax machine and copier. Please reply ASAP as this affects our business production. Thank You!

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 6 of 16 (6,729 Views)

For your mispick errors, please refer to the following document for more information and solutions on solving this issue.

1536 Mispick Errors

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
akaula
Message 7 of 16 (6,716 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried all instructions on link and it still creates the same error. Would my next option be to send it in to an authorized repair center?

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 8 of 16 (6,708 Views)

Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
  • If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Big_El
Message 9 of 16 (5,751 Views)

We've bought 13 of these - three have now had faulty parts due to mispick errors - did we get a bad batch? or is it a design flaw?

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 10 of 16 (5,738 Views)

Not knowing the details of usage on the printers, it is hard to say the reason why 3 are experiencing problems.

Have you tried using the solutions in the below document to resolve the issues?

1536 Mispick Errors

If so, then your next steps would be:

Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
  • If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options.
I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation