02-10-2013 01:34 PM
I just bought a new hp laptop (Windows 8) and installed my Laserjet P1102 via HP printer install wizard because the system requirements do not include Windows 8.
I was able to install it and printed some papers but after I restarted my laptop the printer appears offline. I think the laptop doesn't recognize it because a new printer appears online which is Laserjet 1100 but says it's not installed and wouldn't print.
How can I make the laptop recognise the printer as Laserjet P1102 the one that's already installed ? and why does it appear offline ? :l
02-11-2013 05:24 PM - last edited on 04-16-2015 04:33 PM by karol-b
This article should help with your printer offline error:
Inkjet Windows 7: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249111
Inkjet Windows 8: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080
Inkjet Windows Vista: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249275
Inkjet Mac: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249334
Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
09-22-2013 01:47 PM
I followed what you posted for this other person. I can't get past the point in step 4 of Solution Five. The "Use Printer Offline" is checked and I am unable to uncheck it. When I try, it gives a message that some error has occured, but it is not specific on what error.
- Windows 8 (Acer Aspire R7)
- HP CP2025 Pinter
- USB Connection
The printer was working with my new Windows 8 laptop on a USB 2.0 hub. I changed to a USB 3.0 hub and it stopped working (got into the current situation). I have tried to take the printer off the hub and directly connect to the laptop, but it still will not print, now.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation