11-18-2012 01:14 PM
I am trying to install the Printer driver for an HP Photosmart All in One printer C5100 Series for Windows 8 (64 bit). The error message indicated that not all features are compatible with Windows 8. However, I do not know what is and what is not compatible with my printer and Windows 8. I am not able to print anything right now. I can't use the installation CD that came with my printer because it has Windows 7 and older versions on it.
Is there a solution for this issue? Please help!
11-19-2012 03:31 PM
Right off the bat, I want make sure that the printer has been completely removed from the computer - this would also include disconnecting the USB cord beforehand. Make sure that the printer is entirely removed from Programs and Features, Device Manager, as well as from Devices and Printers (essentially any location which might have duplicate software). Make sure to restart the computer after this.
Then, without plugging the USB cord in, follow the link below to select the exact printer model and software package for your computer:
After the installation, let me know if this fixes your issues!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation