Question

Student
SallyA
Message 1 of 10 (27,848 Views)

Printer is printing blank pages with new ink cartridges...I just replaced the printer head

I just replaced the printer head after that failed.  The printer went through the alignment process and all was well until about 5 pages of print jobs.  Now, the printer is printing the pages, but they are blank.  Despite the black ink catridge being relatively new, I put a new one in and it still isn't printing out ink.  I have a Officejet 6500 Wireless.

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 10 (27,838 Views)

Re: Printer is printing blank pages with new ink cartridges...I just replaced the printer head

Spoiler
Download and run the HP Print Diagnostic Utility and see if that helps troubleshoot the problem.
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 10 (27,829 Views)

Re: Printer is printing blank pages with new ink cartridges...I just replaced the printer head

I would suggest you soak the printhead as described in this post.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
Sandstorm
Message 4 of 10 (27,816 Views)

Hi,

Follow the below document,

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Thank you,

Sandstorm

Though I am an HP Employee, All of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever
Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 5 of 10 (27,136 Views)

Hi,

If your printer prints blank pages due to spooler you could fix it easily.

Most of the spooling problems are caused due to malfunctioned printer driver.

Reinstallation of the printer driver may fix this.

Data errors in the system also create spooling problem so you also need to remove such errors.

You could get a plenty software programs to repair printer spooler.

PC Health Advisor is a program which is used to repair printer spooler problem.

Get more information to fix Printer Printing Blank Pages issue :

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/246082-45-printer-printing-blank-page

http://printers.iyogi.com/help-support/printer-printing-blank-pages.html

Hope this information helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
Student
Bussie
Message 6 of 10 (23,472 Views)

I just replaced my blank ink cartridge on my HP Officejet 6500 wireless printer and when I go to print it will not print black ink.  Other colors are working.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 10 (23,456 Views)

Bussie wrote:

I just replaced my blank ink cartridge on my HP Officejet 6500 wireless printer and when I go to print it will not print black ink.  Other colors are working.

I would suggest you soak the printhead as described in this post.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Student
matredeye
Message 8 of 10 (22,989 Views)

I have been fighting my 6500 wireless for 4 days.  Printed only blank pages.  Reinstalled software, replaced ink, called a tech - he said buy a new printer head.  Could never reach HP.  I gave up and looked at new printers.  Saw your post about soaking the printer head.  It worked.  You are the best.  Thanks

Student
KidBob
Message 9 of 10 (3,687 Views)

I havr a wireless 6500 HP and it started printing blank pages suddenly.  I replaced the black ink.....not the colors...as one might be low.  It still acts right but prints blanks... thanks... KidBob

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 10 (3,651 Views)

KidBob wrote:

I havr a wireless 6500 HP and it started printing blank pages suddenly.  I replaced the black ink.....not the colors...as one might be low.  It still acts right but prints blanks... thanks... KidBob

The troubleshooting steps in this document may help resolve black not printing on your Offcieejt 6500.  Be sure to check the vents as shown in solution six.  If that does not resolve the issue the post here may help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation