Question

Student
samkang
Message 1 of 2 (235 Views)

Printer prints blank pages after cartridge replacement

I own a (barely used) HP Desktop 1000 J110 Series and installed a refilled ink cartridge. As I go to print everything seems to be working in order but then the paper the printer machine spews out is completely blank. I repeated this printing process many times as I assumed the cartridge might have needed a couple of initial runs to get the ink flowing. Nothing was coming out on the paper so I took the cartridge back out and checked the underside (I believe is called the nozzle) and indeed there was ink which was able to flow out and I repeated the process above with combinations of covering the holes at the top and leaving it open as I also read that the cartridge needs air.

This confirmed that there was a hardware problem so I ran the HP Printer hardware diagnostic tool and it runs fine up to the "Test print" where it just spits out a blank page again. Software diagnostic tool finds no errors, I have tried many different combinations of print settings and am certain the issue isn't lying in the cartridge. The last print made on this printer was many months ago and the total number of pages printed using this particular printer lies only around 10~30 pages. In other words this is a new printer and suddenly it doesn't seem to print.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)

Re: Printer prints blank pages after cartridge replacement

Hi,

Ink nozzle is a liquid and keeping it unused for such a long period of months causes the ink to get dry and damage the ink cartridge...

I would recommend removing the cartridge and "stamping" with it on a tissue, if you cannot see a clear square mark of ink the cartridge itself is damaged and it is most likely not related to the printer's hardware..

First print a test page to check which cartridge (or both) does not show any ink:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02239646&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4066377&tmp...

You may also try the following steps to troubleshoot a print quality problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02237576&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4066377&tmp...

If any of the steps does not help be sure to get a new ink cartridge as part of the troubleshooting, that will more likely resolve the problem.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation