Question

Student
patchesdog
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

Printer problem - maybe windows 8

[ Edited ]

Got a new laptop that (unfortunately) was only available with windows 8. Have a photosmart 7510 printer. Word documents and pdfs print fine. When I try to print graphics (jpegs, pngs) there is a gray outine divided into 3 long boxes over top of the page - like it's printing some kind of table. The old (windows 7) laptop still will print without problems. I've run all the troubleshooting software, dowloaded and installed new drivers from the hp site, looked at every menu related to printer options I can find, and it still happens. Every variety of test page looks fine, even the 4x6 photo test. Then, I go to print any other graphic and the boxes are there. The photo test doesn't run through the regular print photo options menu, so my guess is the problem is in that.

More info: To clarify, I'm referring to the HP print menu that lets you print, say, two 4x6 prints on a page, or a contact sheet. Decided to try printing through the photoshop menu, and was able to without any problems. Looks pretty likely the problem is the HP photo print menu printing what should be invisible table lines it uses.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 2 (90 Views)

Printer problem - maybe windows 8

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://goo.gl/Ujpib

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation