Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have J6413 printer bought in Dubia, and now live in spain. I can n ot speak Spanish and the UK will not help me as I live in spain. I have two HP compatible cartirdges what do I do next. I seem to go round and round in circles as no one can help as I do not speak spanish! will some one email me as HP are NOT interested, wjhy is it such a secret!
HP Recommended

Can anyone on this forum explain to me exactly why HP has to region code cartridges? It seems to me that it causes a great deal of customer misery for no gain. The only "official" answer I've been able to find in the support pages is "HP customizes some products and cartridges to meet specific local customer needs." which isn't really answer at all! 

HP Recommended

I agree.  I can not understand why HP do not come to my rescue so I can continue to use THEIR printer and purchasing of HP Ink cartridges.  2 years ago I purchased a new HP computer package which was not cheap. 

The support for me has been zero and yes I am really upset that such a large company cares so little for theIr clients that they ignore plea's for help.

Does anyone know or have a contact address so I can complain.

HP Recommended

@fecomputeridiot wrote:

I agree.  I can not understand why HP do not come to my rescue so I can continue to use THERE printer and purchasing of HP Ink cartridges.  2 years ago I piurchased a new HP computer package whoich was not cheap. 

The support for me has been zero and yes I am really upset that such a large company cares so little for there clients that they ignore plea's for help.

Does anyone know or have a contact address so I can complain.

I do not have an address for complaining, but I may be able to help.  I will send you a private email on this board asking for some additional information.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Why offer to help privately?

Why not tell us EVERYTHING you know about this issue so that ALL OF US can be relieved of our frustration?

HP Recommended

I spoke with many people at HP about regionalization and got the run around time and time again.  Last week I threw my HP printer in the recycle bin.  It was in perfect condition and only ever printed 480 pages.  I do not plan to buy another one from HP.  I have 12 other HP products that will be phased out over time as HP is not up to par with my requirements. 

HP Recommended

When I posted my experience with customer service on these boards they deleted it and I fully expect this will so be deleted since I have not given Kudos to the response I received.  I have not given Kudos I never had a result and not from a lack of effort I assure you.  I was made promises but in the end the best thing me was to not have an HP product.  

HP Recommended

This site is totally self-serving and not always representative of the customer experience.  Mine expereince was  was worse than yours I'm sure (Plus I have 12 HP products I can see from this chair I write to you from) and I wrote to the CEO via web page you can find by google search.  If I post the link they will delete this message with in 4 hours.

HP Recommended

@wstein wrote:

Why offer to help privately?

Why not tell us EVERYTHING you know about this issue so that ALL OF US can be relieved of our frustration?

The standard process will work in 99% of the cases.   You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.  

In rare cases where the above does not work I send folks a private mail asking for their contact information (phone number and email address), a good time to call, the model number of thier printer, the case number and some other information.  I then forward this information to a contact I have at HP that has been very good about escalating the issue and nearly always getting things resolved.  

Although I know some details about the regionalization I do not have any special access to the tools required to reset the printer.  This can only be done by specially trained HP Support agents with access to a restricted program that generates the proper keys based on infromation from your specific printer.

If you have bought a printer in one region and then moved to another region AND you have contacted HP as described above with out success then you can send me a PM and I will see if I can help. 

I am a volunteer here trying to help out where I can, I am not an HP employee.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Sorry to Say Bob but after providing you with my personal details  no one from HP ever called me back.  But thank you for trying.

Why bother having a forum if HP do not attempt to help.  One thing for sure NEVER BUY HP PRODUCTS EVER.

However if any one has had a reply from a HP employee or manager please let me know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.