Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Drukkerij wrote:

Hello,

we bought a smal flower and golfball printer in China;

It's comes with HP802 cartrigde.

In Europe it's is HP301, but dosn't work

Because it isn't a HP printer but only has parts of it. Technical support won't help us.

How can i change the region code myself.

It works with driver:  HP deskjet 1000 J100a 

Thanks for helping me, so i can buy HP cartrigde local 

You will need to contact whoever made the printer or the dealer for support.  HP or foks here on the forum will not be able to help with a third party design.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I did contact them,

i have to buy HP802 in Asia/india

shipping cost are very high

Tnx for your quick response

HP Recommended

How to send you a private message?

HP Recommended
I am having the same problems with a photosmart C3180. I bought it in Italy and now I am in Brazil. In can't find an email to get in touch with Hp Support.
HP Recommended

Hello Licazy,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Here is the Support Page for Brazil: Contact Information.

Hope this points in the direction needed to get the printer regionalization done.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the photosmart c309a bought in US and later moved to greece.

I bought a series of 364 cartridges (because in US it uses 564 ones) in order to change the region with HP help.

TOday (aug 12) I called HP support twice and they refused to help me because "this product is no longer supported from HP"!!!

I explained lady that they must help me since cartridges are under waranty but in vain...

HP Recommended

@stels wrote:

I have the photosmart c309a bought in US and later moved to greece.

I bought a series of 364 cartridges (because in US it uses 564 ones) in order to change the region with HP help.

TOday (aug 12) I called HP support twice and they refused to help me because "this product is no longer supported from HP"!!!

I explained lady that they must help me since cartridges are under waranty but in vain...

I will ask this to be escalated, someone should contact you through a private message here.  It may take a few days.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi @stels ,

I have sent you issue to be escalated and do check your private message when a HP employee reaches out to you.

Best,

Russ

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Α very polite gentleman from the HP company-Greece, called me today and told me that he has received my emails

from this forum here as well as another email sent to CEO.

In summary, our  debate was about the following :

"HP: .... Your printer PHOTOSMART C309a was purchased in 2010 and in 2012 you   called HP  support in order to do the regionalization reset?

stels: .....Yes, we did all the procedure necessary over the phone without success.But I do not remember if it was 2012 or 2013 . Certainly more than a year.

HP: ....We did the whole process but without success.

stels ...I agree, but I paid for the ink cartridges and they were under warranty.

HP:....We explained  you then that regionalization reset is not 100% guaranteed to be successful .

stels:...The machine was wotking perfectly irrespective of  regions and codes. You have "invented" the area codes, you should be able to change them when and if required.

HP:....This is why we proposed  you to buy a refurbished  PRINTER then, but you did not accept  this solution.

stels:... I do not remember something like this. Can you tell me please, what was the price  for your refurbished printer?

HP:...200 + €!!!

stels:...  200 + euro is a very large sum  for this sprinter and this is why I  rejected that proposed "solution", but I do not remember that..

stels:.... Anyway sir,  I called HP support -about 1-2 months before-and I asked if we can do the regionalization reset again . This is why I bought the ink cartridges again and called HP, otherwise I was not going to do it again .Nevertheles, can we try to do the regionalization reset again today?

HP:... I am sorry but this printer is not supported any more!!"

Αnyway guys ,αfter all this discussion with  HP company in Greece, I got the impression that these issues is not a major concern for HP company.At least as regards HP Greece.

I hope  things are better in your countries  and you do not have companies  that "offer" you refurbished printer at the price of 200+ €,  when the price for the new  was 300$.

Especially in the case of Greece,where  the economic crisis is intolerable for everyone, it is rather indifferent indication not to say analgesia for this size company to treat customers this way.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time.

HP Recommended

This is *not* how the regionalization process is supposed to work.  I will take another stab at escalating this through a different channel.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.