Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem here.  Couldn't get any support from HP support center. I have all the required information. I just need the code. Please help.

HP Recommended

@HayderMU wrote:

I'm having the same problem here.  Couldn't get any support from HP support center. I have all the required information. I just need the code. Please help.

What country are you in?  What printer model?

Only HP support will be able to provide the reset codes.  You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I called the HP centerand they didn't know what I'm talking about. I'm trying to do the regional change by email. My printer type is HP Deskjet F413. The printer region is PX-8 (ink 121). What I want to change to is PX-2 (new HP 60 inks). I'm currently in Australia. I know all the steps and I have 10 Tap page with the ink codes. All I need is the 5 4-digit reset code.

HP Recommended

Finally, a very polite gentleman fron HP Enterprise Services, called me from US, 2-3 weeks ago and tried for several hours to change the region, without success :Crying:

In any case and regardless of the outcome,  thank you all for your prompt response to my request.

HP Recommended

@HayderMU wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I called the HP centerand they didn't know what I'm talking about. I'm trying to do the regional change by email. My printer type is HP Deskjet F413. The printer region is PX-8 (ink 121). What I want to change to is PX-2 (new HP 60 inks). I'm currently in Australia. I know all the steps and I have 10 Tap page with the ink codes. All I need is the 5 4-digit reset code.

What is the printer model?  I do not find a Deskjet F413 or F4130 listed.  The F4100 series and the F430 use the 21/22 cartridges according to the HP SureSupply site. Once again - you will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset".  You will likely need to do this by phone, make sure to say "regionalization reset" and ask to speak to a supervisor if the first agent does not know the procedure.  Only a limited number of agents have access to the regionalization reset.  I have not heard of success with the reset procedure over email.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Is there a reason HP makes it so a cartridge bought in/from another country won't work in a printer in another country? I mean specifically.

I know HP cartridges cost at least half more in Mexico than in the U.S.

And why doesn't HP "mention" this in its literature when someone buys a printer?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Im so sorry.. my bad. the printer model is F4213.  I'll try by email first then I'll try by phone. Wish me luck

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

Relocated from Austria to UAE, my printer is a PhotoSmart 7520

I tried to contact HP but all the pointers on the web sites led to nirvana.

I even tried to do the same in Austria, again, same outcome.

regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Hi @MKUAE ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I purchased my HP 2050 J510a a month before I started working abroad and subsequently placed it in storage.  On moving to Canada recently I packed it up and took it with me as the printer had the following message on the serial number sticker stuck on the back of the printer.  (This Class B digital apparatus complies wtith Canadian ICES-003).  Now I dont know what that means but assumed that the printer would work in Canada!  Boy was I wrong!  I browsed the HP website and established that the correct compatable new cartridge is 61.  So I went to the store and purchased both the black & tri-colour cartridge but it still does not work.  I beleive it has something to do with the print region code that needs to be changed so that i can use the printer in Canada.  Is there someone that can help me with this??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.