Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2542
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have been looking for ages on the support pages to find out how I print the configuration page so that I can get the IP address so that I can get a claim code. I have had no luck finding how to do it.

Any help gratefully received folks.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@laughingmike

Hi Mike -- There is no "claim code" for this printer.  The printer lacks ePrint support, that is, this is not an ePrint capable printer.

You can still use your wireless printer setup with (at least some of your) mobile devices.

Wireles setup options > See the User Guide > Section Connectivity (Page 47)

The following is from your Printer's How-to > Print > Print Apps, ePrint, or Mobile Printing section:

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Section: HP Deskjet Printers > subsection HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Series

The above document explains and then directs you to:

HP Printers - Mobile Printing with HP AiO Printer Remote App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Print and Scan Doctor can tell you something about your printer's setup.

Mentioned and download available in User Guide > Solve a Problem > Chapter 8, Page 76

Full document and download:

HP Printers - Using Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues

Assuming the printer is installed, switched on, and on your network:

Download, Install, and Run the Print and Scan Doctor

Let the Doctor find your Printer on your network

Highlight your printer > Click Next >

Wait for "Communiting with your selected product..." >

See new window showing "product selected..." and "Your current"...

Along the top ribbon >

Click Network > Show Advanced Info

OR

Click Printer > Show Advanced Printer Data

OR (if you want to clean / check / align your printer)

Click PrinterPrinter Services

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@laughingmike

Hi Mike -- There is no "claim code" for this printer.  The printer lacks ePrint support, that is, this is not an ePrint capable printer.

You can still use your wireless printer setup with (at least some of your) mobile devices.

Wireles setup options > See the User Guide > Section Connectivity (Page 47)

The following is from your Printer's How-to > Print > Print Apps, ePrint, or Mobile Printing section:

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Section: HP Deskjet Printers > subsection HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Series

The above document explains and then directs you to:

HP Printers - Mobile Printing with HP AiO Printer Remote App

The Print and Scan Doctor can tell you something about your printer's setup.

Mentioned and download available in User Guide > Solve a Problem > Chapter 8, Page 76

Full document and download:

HP Printers - Using Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues

Assuming the printer is installed, switched on, and on your network:

Download, Install, and Run the Print and Scan Doctor

Let the Doctor find your Printer on your network

Highlight your printer > Click Next >

Wait for "Communiting with your selected product..." >

See new window showing "product selected..." and "Your current"...

Along the top ribbon >

Click Network > Show Advanced Info

OR

Click Printer > Show Advanced Printer Data

OR (if you want to clean / check / align your printer)

Click PrinterPrinter Services

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur,

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive reply. So there was no point in me signing up to HP Connected, that's all just about ePrinting? No need to try and register the device? All a bit confusing that you are directed through HP Connected on the set up procedure for a printer that can't use the service. Pretty poor from HP and  a considerable amount of time wasted by me looking for something that wasn't there!!!! HP not getting any brownie points so far :-(.

Thanks again for the reply though 🙂

Kind regards

Mike

HP Recommended

@laughingmike

I am glad the information helped.

I am sorry you were misled by some part of the provided printer setup requirements.

Most every printer I have set up since ePrint has come available has indeed been an ePrint capable printer; I don't have any idea what is in the box of "other printers".

The HP Connected account is part of the ePrint environment in that it allows you access to your ePrint settings and it provides some measure of control over that environment.

While it is true you don't need the HP Connected account at the moment, you can use it later if / when you upgrade your printer hardware.  Just keep track of the account USERID you used and the PASSWORD you used to access / set the HP Connected account.

For future reference:  ePrint capable printers typically have an "e-" in the name.  As I recall, the outside of the box also indicates that the printer is an "ePrint" printer, although one might need to find this information in the smaller description text on the side or back of the box.

Two examples of ePrint capable printers:

HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer

The truth is that, depending on your environment and needs, you may not need an ePrint printer.  This is a great printer feature -- whether you use / want / need it really depends on your network setup and the manner in which you use your devices.

ePrint Help and Tips Page

ePrint is a bit fussy about the setup needed to support the service, there are restrictions on what the service provides, and the environment requires your printer to be available on the Internet (the printer has its own email address and Internet "presence").  Assuming you are able willing to deal with the ePrint setup -- and have need of the particular access it provides -- ePrint can be very useful.

Happy Printing!

Dragon Tips: Reprint a print job – save a job for reprinting later

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.