Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Mine doing the same, only a couple of weeks old, stuck on the HP logo screen.  I can still print over the wireless network and scan, but cannot access the fax and copy functions.  Have done the power off thing a number of times, left it off over night, made no difference.  Please help

HP Recommended

Hi @MozzieMoz,

I see that you are experiencing issues with the printer going into initialization, but you can still print over the wireless network and scan. I would like to help you.

Turn off the IPv6 option for the printer.

Access the printer's Embedded Web Server by typing the IPv4 address of the printer into a web browser.

Click on the Networking tab and then select Advanced on the left side.

Uncheck the box for IPv6.

Update the printer's firmware. Software and Drivers.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

i tries installing new toner, all of em it still says initialising, i restatred it and disconnected the usb first

HP Recommended

did any of this work? i tried it and it did not, i replaced all of the toner carts, and disconnected all of the cables

HP Recommended

I tried everything that was mailed to me and nothing work.  Had to take it in for repairs, three days later got it back and all working, they never told me what they did to fix it.

HP Recommended

The suggestions in the private message did not resolve the problems.  Ended up having to call HP tech support and eventually received authorization for replacement of the failed device, so now we have a refurb in place of the newly purchased (but failed) printer.  

HP Recommended

Hi there.

Two days ago I received my printer (same as in this thread) and I am experiencing the exact same problems which are described throughout this thread. The printer is stuck on initializing and makes continuous loud noises.

Please let me know how this can be taken care of. I would either need to replace this product, or to have it fixed somehow.

Await yours soonest.

Brgds

Erik

HP Recommended

Hi @ErikWolff,

I see by your post that the printer is making a loud noise and the printer is stuck initialising. I would like to help you.

Please try the steps below to see if it will help.

Disconnect the USB/Network/FAX and power the printer on Standalone.

Check and remove any packaging material inside the printer and toner.

Do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

If the issue persists, perform a power drain by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the printer and keeping the power button pressed for 30 seconds and in case of a power switch keep the switch in ON position for 30 seconds before reconnecting the power chord.

Update the printer's firmware by a USB connection. Software and Drivers.

Select Option 2 and wait for the page to load and then select the link for firmware. This resolved the previous posters issue.

I can send a private message with some another step to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My M177FW is stuck on initializing. I've tried disconnecting the cables still not working. What next?

HP Recommended

have you heard anything?  this is my second printer and the new one is doing the same thing.  on hold with tech support now...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.