07-03-2012 07:26 PM
Just had the worst tech support experience of my life. Both help desk folks were very pleasant and tried their best, but being stuck walking through level 1 support for 4 hours of my life has just spoiled me on HP.
Hope someone on this forum can tell me if they've seen similar.
My 6700 loses network connectivity. It alternates ... if I send a single page document to the printer it will take 5-15 minutes, printing a bit, losing a connection, printing a bit, so forth.
The HP 6500 and HP 1536 sitting next to it, on the same switch, work great. This happens when printing from both a desktop and an HP laptop.
The tech said level 2 support told me to change the IP address from dynamic to static, then arbitrarily assign a new IP address. Of course with 20 other IP devices in the house all set to dynamic, THAT isn't the solution.
Can someone tell me if 6700s are prone to something, there is a firmware update, or something? I don't really care about the printer at this time, its the principle of the matter. Hopefully one of the HP guys are watching this forum and redeem my faith in HP.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)