Problem with Windows 8.1 & HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless (185 Views)
Honor Student
Lindseth
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)

Problem with Windows 8.1 & HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless

Whenever I attempt to print anything from my computer, I either get an error or nothing happens.

Word complains about an error, and with your debugging tool finds no issues..

I've updated and reinstalled the drivers a couple of times.

The debugging tool told I was good to go, however during the last step where it performs a test print, nothing happened.

My firewall has been deactivated completly so that not at question.

The printer is connected through WIFI, and it does work with other computers (Windows 7).

Let me clarify, if I check the device manager in windows, there doesn't seem to be any issue, although when I try to print then I get an error or nothing at all.

In device manager though, if I attempt to right click and go to properties, I get this error

(Translated from Norwegian so not word specific)

Windows box title: "C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE"

Text: "Function adress 0xbf56fda caused a protection error (Exceptioncode 0xc0000005)

One, or all, property page(s) might not show.

After this the property page is shown.

If I go to Printer settings I get this error:

Windows box title: "C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE"

Text: "Function adress 0xc3cf6fda caused a protection error (Exceptioncode 0xc0000005)

One, or all, property page(s) might not show.

After this it a message box with "Cannot execute this action" appears and nothing else happens.

This is a completly fresh computer from the store, but at the moment I'm rather clueless of what to do. So I hope you can be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Student
Vo2Maximus
Message 2 of 4 (135 Views)

Re: Problem with Windows 8.1 & HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless

Hallo, I have the same problem after upgrade windows 8.1 !

Help please !

HP
Advance23
Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)

Hi Lindseth and Vo2Maximus and welcome to the HP Forum,

I understand that you are having an issue getting the printer to print after installing on Windows 8.1. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. In order to better assist you I need some more information. Could you send me the exact error that you are getting? Can you print in any other programs?

In this document for The Printer Does Not Print in Windows 8 and is Listed as 'Unknown' or 'Unspecified' or Appears with ... are steps that may resolve your issue.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. I will be waiting for your reply.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Lindseth
Message 4 of 4 (99 Views)

I fixed my problem a few months back..

De install all the drivers.. then connect the PC with 8.1 with a cable directly to the printer.

Seems like the printer has old drivers that works.

Install the drivers from the printer. and remove the cable... worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation