Question

Honor Student
haryadi
Message 1 of 4 (2,713 Views)

Problem with wireless fax and scanner - HP Deskjet 4625

Hi All,

I get some problems with my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625, as info currently i am using:

- PC : Windows 8 64 bit

- Router : Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH

when I tried to run scanner (manage scan to computer) using wireless connection, I found this error message: "Scan to computer is currently unavailable".

Meanwhile when i tried to do fax setup wizard, I found this error message: "there is a problem communicating with the printer". Other than that, printing works fine using wireless connection.

This problem never occurs when i use the USB connection.

As info, i do have Norton Internet Security, I have read the troubleshooting guide, but never been succesful.

I have tried disable NIS, uninstall NIS, disable windows firewall, but nothing happens, still the same.

Also i have put static IP address for the printer, reinstall driver but still nothing happens.

for this, I need your assistance for fixing.

Thank you.

regards,
Haryadi

Honor Student
haryadi
Message 2 of 4 (2,694 Views)

Re: Problem with wireless fax and scanner - HP Deskjet 4625

hey guys, any help on this?

Honor Student
haryadi
Message 3 of 4 (2,681 Views)

Re: Problem with wireless fax and scanner - HP Deskjet 4625

hey.. any updates on this, HP staff or someone pls...
Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 4 (2,652 Views)

Problem with wireless fax and scanner - HP Deskjet 4625

On the first issue, you have to enable scan to computer through the computer software first. It should be under Scanner Actions or Options. Second, how is your printer connected to your computer - is the fax line correctly set up to send/receive faxes?

Here is a diagnostic to run just to check your printer status: http://goo.gl/u3jDE

Let me know and I'll get back to you asap!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation