Question

Student
jennylyddon
Message 1 of 2 (477 Views)

Problems connecting an Officejet Pro 8100 to Windows 7 (64 Bit)

Good Afternoon all,

I do hope someone will be able to help me with this.

I bought a new Officejet Pro 8100 last week and so far have no success in installing it on my Dell laptop.

I have run through the installation step by step at least 7 times already and so far no success. It installs fine and says that it is functioning, the printer appears in "Devices and Printers" when you right click and go to "Properties" of the printer you get an error message saying there is no printer driver installed. Try installing the printer driver through Windows and it fails. Can't print at all from the PC, not even a test page. In Office when you click print it gives the error message "Word cannot print. There is no printer installed.".

I have tried installing from the disk, from Windows Update and by download from the website. I have also tried Universal printer drivers, and other "fixes" people have posted online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Printer: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter

Computer: Dell Studio 1557 i7, 4GB RAM running Windows 7 64 Bit.

THANK YOU!

Jenny

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 2 (457 Views)

Re: Problems connecting an Officejet Pro 8100 to Windows 7 (64 Bit)

[ Edited ]

Hi Jenny,

How are you attempting to connect the printer to the computer?

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Photosmart 6510 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-97830-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation